Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do i make certain civs spawn more?  (Read 637 times)

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do i make certain civs spawn more?
« on: February 18, 2013, 10:42:19 am »

I want to make at least one of my (modded) Adamantine (I'm not spoiling the  clowns  or the  circus...) Colossus civs spawn, but they aren't spawning.
Is it that breeding couple tag?

If it isn't, how do you make sure one spawns?
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do i make certain civs spawn more?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:48:21 pm »

It actually goes down the list of civs and places each one in turn, going back to the start after it hits the end of the list.  So, if you have 5 possible civs, and the 5th one is your custom one, and you have 20 civ start points on your map settings you'll get 4 civs of your custom one.

Spy227X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:50:51 pm »

It actually goes down the list of civs and places each one in turn, going back to the start after it hits the end of the list.  So, if you have 5 possible civs, and the 5th one is your custom one, and you have 20 civ start points on your map settings you'll get 4 civs of your custom one.
It's controllable and I removed Dwarves temporarily, but it is not placing it
Is this freshwater or saltwater? Because alternatively you could breed a large amount of crocodiles and unleash them into the waters... indirect genocide.

Lord_Phoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 03:42:06 pm »

It's controllable and I removed Dwarves temporarily, but it is not placing it

There's probably all sorts of things that could make it not place them.  You could test whether it's some value on the creature itself or in the civilization entity that's causing it not to work right by putting dwarves back in and changing their CREATURE tag to your modded race.  If they get placed then, then you forgot something in their custom civ entity or need to change some error or another.