Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic III - Still the best TBS since sliced bread (tourney?)  (Read 18118 times)

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile

Well, I've had this game installed on my comp since January or Febuary of last year, but never played it. Are there any mods you would deem absolutely necessary or is it fine to just go in vanilla.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile

Nothing seems necessary, imo.
Beyond maybe HoMM 3 HD, but it's hard to call that one a mod, really.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I've had this game installed on my comp since January or Febuary of last year, but never played it. Are there any mods you would deem absolutely necessary or is it fine to just go in vanilla.

I only started playing recently (but have played it extensively in the nineties), so I'm no authority on mods, but I think there are no must-have-mods. The standard game was so well balanced and complete that vanilla is fine. The new mod Horn of the Abyss, that has been discussed in the last few posts is definitely something to check out once you made yourself familiar with the game, it adds some high quality content to the game, but as its early days there might be some bugs, and the translation from Russian to English is still a bit cluncky.

Most of the player-created content out there consists of additional maps and campaigns. There are thousands of maps out there, including hundreds of good quality.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should look at WoG after you played the vanilla little, as it adds ton of options and new things
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]