Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Paranoia RTD OOC thread  (Read 2575 times)

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Paranoia RTD OOC thread
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 06:13:16 pm »

Hm...

I actually just downloaded the full game. A friend and I are going to try to figure it out. Because it's really confusing me. Probably because I've never played a Tabletop RPG before.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 06:13:54 pm »

"Hello, joyous fellow servants of the mighty Friend Computer! I am on and leading a mission from The Computer--" show them the printed copy of the Mission Alert and/or Briefing without letting it out of my hand "--and my team requires certain items to complete it. Failure to provide vital equipment for a mission for The Beloved Computer is, of course, treason, but I'd still like to ask...may we take the Red laser barrels?"

(The other stuff is beyond our clearance, IIRC.)

The undescribed guns are obvious newbie bait, but there's no point in not checking.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 06:19:13 pm »

"Hello, joyous fellow servants of the mighty Friend Computer! I am on and leading a mission from The Computer--" show them the printed copy of the Mission Alert and/or Briefing without letting it out of my hand "--and my team requires certain items to complete it. Failure to provide vital equipment for a mission for The Beloved Computer is, of course, treason, but I'd still like to ask...may we take the Red laser barrels?"

(The other stuff is beyond our clearance, IIRC.)

The undescribed guns are obvious newbie bait, but there's no point in not checking.  :P

AND IF IT WEREN'T FOR YOU I'D BE DEAD.

Thank you for your knowledge, good sir/madame. BTW, since I'm a total newb when it comes to know any of this, I'll just pretend I'm a foreigner. Who is very good at not looking foreign.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 06:23:55 pm »

Is this classic, straight or zap?
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 06:25:02 pm »

A mixture of Classic and Straight. The dice will kill you occasionally, but play is meant to be a little darker than classic.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 06:48:38 pm »

Or, to (loosely) quote:
All the explosions, missing limbs, and deaths are the players' fault.

Us being paranoid and trigger-happy does far more damage than any sadistic GM, and that's why Paranoia is so much fun. Because you can take thirty minute of active chatter and rolling to get past a gate with a simple bolt lock, just because it happens to be above your clearance and you're only cleared to be inside it, not to open it or go through it :3.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 09:57:44 pm »

Or, to (loosely) quote:
All the explosions, missing limbs, and deaths are the players' fault.

Us being paranoid and trigger-happy does far more damage than any sadistic GM, and that's why Paranoia is so much fun. Because you can take thirty minute of active chatter and rolling to get past a gate with a simple bolt lock, just because it happens to be above your clearance and you're only cleared to be inside it, not to open it or go through it :3.
And me constantly setting off that's robots alarms by accident, while selectively filming things.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 [2]