Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Another Generic Race Fortress Mod  (Read 1377 times)

kaiserkun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Another Generic Race Fortress Mod
« on: March 01, 2013, 02:28:11 pm »

Ok, so first of all I'd like to say I am new to modding Dwarf Fortress. I am also relatively new to playing it but I have managed some decent fortresses now and I don't want to play dwarves anymore. So I decided to start adding new random races to allow a more roleplaying style to the game, like creating a giant tree city as elves or something. But, b/c I wanted to get right into modding races I decided to create my own race instead of messing around with humans or elves (also since other mods target those pre-existing races already). So, I made like wolf people who are different from the subterranean beastmen as they live above ground, either in camps or in dens carved into the side of mountains or something (they live in Tree-Cities b/c I don't know how to make new Sites). Anyways, onto the point... I need help, drastically. I have almost finished said Wolfmen other than a few reactions or something for their Tribal/Nature idea (They can make full bone armor and weapons). But, I ran into a problem today and I cannot, for the life of me, find out what is causing it to screw up and die. So, without further ado, here is my issue:

Just today, I added custom attribute ranges to my Wolfmen, gave them a tail in the [BODY:] tag, changed their female [CASTE_NAME] to call them wolfwomen instead (b/c Idk when men were also females), gave them the ability to smith great axes and pikes (also creating a reaction for bone variants), and that is all I do believe. I was testing the nobles just yesterday and they were working fine (aside from a few Urist McCrashes I had with the Military Screen). Then today, after all that I did now it won't even generate a new world with Wolfmen in it, it crashes RIGHT at the end of the generation or (unless it just generated so fast) randomly in the middle. I'm not sure what is going on with it and I cannot test my new additions to them since its going to hell and back. If someone could be so kind as to look over my four .txts (only if you have time) I would like to know what might be going wrong.

Diversity Mod (Name is set to be changed, for now just a filler.)
creature_diversitymod.txt
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

entity_diversitymod.txt

item_diversitymod.txt

reaction_diversitymod.txt

Tip: I was really focused on putting the new additions today that I may have forgotten if I did anything else to them. ("little memory to speak of") And please do ignore my obsessive use of parenthesis, I just love them. (A lot)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Another Generic Race Fortress Mod
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 02:32:00 pm »

well, happy to try to help. 
start by posting your errorlog please!

kaiserkun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »

Thats the thing, it doesn't give me an errorlog, it just crashes. I can post the gamelog to show where it just stops in worldgen.

gamelog

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 02:39:37 pm »

>>  I was testing the nobles just yesterday and they were working fine (aside from a few Urist McCrashes I had with the Military Screen).

That doesn't sound fine..  do you get "Urist McCrashes" in vanilla too?

kaiserkun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2013, 02:57:51 pm »

No I don't, the nobles worked but the "Alpha Wolf" was on the military screen as an available squad leader but does not have squads set for him in the code. So if I pressed 'c' to make a new squad using the Alpha Wolf it would just stop responding, freeze up, and just go crawl in the corner to die.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 03:09:35 pm »

Well, i guess the problem is with your nobles then.

Problems with POSITIONS can be hard to diagnose because the logic of how exactly they work is not as clear as some other things.  I would suggest you start with them more (i.e., exactly) like vanilla and see if it doesn't crash, then change things one at a time from there.

My bet would be on the [COMMANDER:BETA_WOLF:ALL] token on Alpha wolves conflicting with the [NUMBER:1] token on Beta wolves.  But that is wild guess.

kaiserkun

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 03:31:29 pm »

Thank you, didn't think about that, I thought I tested them yesterday, I'll try that next and come back with results.

edit: I just removed all nobles from my entity.txt and it still crashed on worldgen, its seeming like my entire race is corrupted or something, idk what happened.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:37:09 pm by kaiserkun »