Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What empire do we play as?

GWG's Psychic mindcrabs (Mindstealing crablike beings)
- 5 (12.5%)
Jbg97's Proelium Empire of Cassigans. (Warlike humanoids)
- 6 (15%)
GotdamnMiracles Ajacet (Warlike, semisuicidal Insectoid race)
- 6 (15%)
SoHowAreyou's Obin (Cybernetic Technocracy)
- 7 (17.5%)
I'manelfColaborator Harbringers (Anthrompomorphic semitribal internally divided crows)
- 1 (2.5%)
Ardas United Earth federation
- 4 (10%)
Ukranian Ranger's Order of life (Human space hippy elves)
- 7 (17.5%)
Rolepgeek Unified societies (Pascifistic aquatic beings)
- 4 (10%)
Option I
- 0 (0%)
Option J
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]

Author Topic: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves  (Read 24974 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Semi suggestion game). Space elves
« Reply #315 on: January 28, 2013, 01:31:28 am »

Nope, I just have to run the turn.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2013, 12:08:43 pm »

Just as a note, update might be a bit delayed. The mechanics are failing a bit, and at this moment this thing has already escalated to a iceberg style game, with more than 90% of all stuff happening in PM's.

Edit: turns out I grossly overestimated the amount of work left. I just need to wrap up the pirate bussines and put the turn together.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:29:39 pm by 10ebbor10 »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Galactic Machinations (Looking for players. Empire submission closed)
« Reply #317 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:48 pm »

Year 1. Season 2/4

While Mark Chen Ho, Duke of Mars, managed to sway the entire Assembly with his bold words, there's but one problem. The Aristocratic Assemblee hasn't got the jurisdiction to interfere with matters of the faith, and the Faith generally doesn't like to be interfered with. However, the faith decides to be generous, and therefore proposes setting up a joint commision of priests and nobles to regulate the sale of mining licenses. They do plan to retain the right to override any decision made.

More theology related issues are brought to point, especially the replacement of Priests of the High Council. Sadly, those functions are normally for life until a vote of no confidence or voluntary resignment ends their term. Such votes need to be proposed by members of the High Council, and unfortunately none of them seems to be of the opinion to do so at the moment.

The Duke continues his exposition, bringing report of the finishing of the orbital construction project and requesting the addition of experimental nutrition generators. This motion is supported, and as such succesfull.
Permission is granted for both the construction of a small fleet of Corvettes and Supplier class mining vessels, but the King is not willing to intervene financially. However, this is no real detterent, and in the orbits of Earth the first metal skeletons of these giant ship’s are already taking form.

The Technocrats end the debate by arguing for the construction of an expeditionary fleet, and while all agree that this would be a good thing, no consensus is as of yet reached about it’s size or composition.

. ((Oh, and the monetary system is completely and utterly broken. I'll try to rebalance it later. As such, stats have not been updated))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rumors of a new, or rather old sect are once again spreading. The so called Cult of Terra, believed to have been eredicated in the Martian independence war, has risen from it’s ashes. Important is though that is doctrines have been modified, and that in their current form they do not conflict with any of the religious dogmas. (Main difference is that the Cult of Terra deifies that planet)

The construction of the Martian defense Corvettes finishes ahead of shedule, and they have started patrolling the orbit of Mars. The Count has spared seemingly no expense in their construction.

An explosion in the Martian Argyre mine has resulted in the death of almosts 40 workers, as well as injuring about a hundred others. No information has been given, but rumours speak of sabotage, as the simultanous failure of both generator and backupgenerator are unlikely.

Polls and recruitment bureaus note an even further increased signup ratio for all space related activities. Reruns of old documentaries about the first exploration of space are likely the cause for this new space fevor.

Systems controlled by the order of Life

Spoiler: Sol (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vitality Battlestar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: AC-1/ AC-2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: B-21 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: W-359 (click to show/hide)

General statistics of the Order

Statistics

Political statistics
[/i]
Politics

Spoiler: Relations (click to show/hide)

Economical statistics

Economical Status

Trade with other races

Player characters

Major

Minor

Spoiler: Unit recruitment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The economy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: For actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Note (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 01, 2013, 12:16:09 pm »

((Oh, and just a note. You can post in the thread even if you only want to give PM orders))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 01, 2013, 01:02:02 pm »

A new report...

"The threat of the Thulian Cult seem to have subsided a great deal, disappearing into the vacuum of space it has been months since their last attack. Theories are abound but no body is sure what exactly has happened to them..."
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 01, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »

"I have heard reports of strange things, which must be investigated...

Actions PM'd
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 05, 2013, 09:11:48 pm »

In the depths of the Battlestar Vitality, the Theocratic Assembly gathered.

"I'd like to call for a vote of no confidence of the dear Captain Duchald. It is nothing against you, my friend, and I know that you are not yet senile, but you grow elderly, and you could retire to luxury for the accomplishments you've done, even with your demotion. Those here, I believe, all know that you keep this position only out of a sense of duty, an admirable reason to be sure, but you are not truly fit for the Council anymore. As well, I'd like for a vote to keep the Duke from intruding again on a meeting. He is not a member, and while his opinions may hold sway, I grow tired of his insults."

Actions sent. Other things my char discussed are in it.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 12, 2013, 08:19:45 am »

Duke was inactive that month, he concentrated on domestic affairs and never visited Vitality during the season

PM will come soon, sorry for the delay. Somehow I was sure that I posted the action
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22]