Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: O.P.Laundry Day  (Read 643 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
O.P.Laundry Day
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:01 am »

Right I do not like having piles of unusable clothes piled up in my forts, neither do I like to make a refuse stockpile that my dwarfs ignore unless they are throwing
perfectly good <socks> in it to rot.
I would like the answers or pointers to some questions.
I have not been able to find the raws for charcoal to make the [PRODUCT:CHARCOAL],I'm also not sure how I would go about telling the game to make RAGS (a custom
ITEM i'd have to make)for use in hospitol work.
The last resort of just having the modded loom just burn the clothes would be great.
That would just require I not have any PRODUCT assigned I think, or I could copy paste ashes, but then I'd have to atomsmash the ashes.

Aright sum it up where is the charcoal raws and is it even possible to have a reaction use only one type of quality item like UNUSABLE.
If I add CHARCOAL as a PRODUCT, its not that simple is it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: O.P.Laundry Day
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:33:46 am »

I'm not sure I understand exactly all your questions are, but    
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:CHARCOAL][PRODUCT_DIMENSION:150]

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:35:17 am »

1)You can't make a custom item type, but you could have a reaction that took clothes and turn them into "Ragged cloth" or something similar (.
2)The reference for charcoal is BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:CHARCOAL
3)Right now the loom isn't editable. The only shops that you can add custom reactions to right now are KILN, SMELTER, TANNER, KITCHEN, QUERN, MILLSTONE, STILL, CRAFTSMAN, and any custom buildings you have made.
4)ITEM_CLOTHES is not a proper thing, nor is [UNUSABLE] a proper token. See the Reactions, item tokens, and material token pages on the wiki for more information.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:27:39 pm »

Thanks for the links.
I looked at them and it dosen't look like what I wanted is possible so I'm gonna move this to the gameplay questions thread and see if I can figure out how to get stockpiles to accept UNUSABLE clothes only.
Uhhm I'm a noob at forums in general other than asking very direct questions, how do I move the thread to gameplay questions.
Do I just lock this one and start a new one?

EDIT:I'm just gonna lock it and start a new one in questions.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:39:36 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)