Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dark Synapse: Suggestion Game  (Read 637 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Dark Synapse: Suggestion Game
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:40:37 pm »

You live in a borading-school like high school, complete with dorms, a gym and track, a nearby town within walking distance, and everything you need to live alone- which is good, because you are alone. You've no relatives to speak of, in fact, the only one you've ever known was your mother. She had always been frail and sickly, bud had never let it stop her. Unfortunately, it kept trying until it took her life, leaving you nowhere to go- until you were swept up and sent to Governess High.

You've been here for a year now, a junior, and have made friends and enemies. You only really care for a small group of people, the center of which is your girlfriend. You are very close to her, and she to you.

She's the only other person to know about the dreams.

The dreams. Your eternal torment ever since you lost your mother. Every night, the field of grey wheat, the floating girl you can't remember anything about, the mouth in the ground that eats you. The one you have no control over. You've seen a psyche. They can't figure it out. You've seen doctors: they tell you that your dream isn't possible: you bolt right awake after a second of complete loss of brain activity. You've given up on ever losing the nightmares, and instead focus on the waking hours of your life- long classes, managing money for food, and your girlfriend and her curves. You feel your days are hectic enough.

You haven't got the slightest idea what your life really is.

---

The silvery wheat was tossed about in the wind, the night sky so oppressively dark you're surprised you can see it. You blindly meander through it, looking for some kind of light, any light, somewhere. As always, there's a red flash of lightning, that's very light seems to stick with the world. Winds whip the wheat away around you, and then you see her.

Floating in the air is a girl. You know her, you know she's a girl, you know she's there and yet you can't grasp the first detail of her. You try to look, then you feel the falling sensation, then your vision blocked by the inside of teeth...

Bolting awake, you look at your bedroom wall again. The clock nearby reads 5:02 AM. Knowing better than to try and get more sleep, you groggily slip out of bed and start on breakfast.

Breakfast is similar as always: a meat, a grain of some kind, and sometimes a fruit. Today, it's small round ham pieces and toast. You manage to not burn yourself cooking the ham as your body wakes itself up slowly. Munching on the ham and toast, you wonder what the day ahead will bring. Your mind drifts from "did I have homework?" to "I wonder what kind of music cows like" as you idly munch away at breakfast. You keep going, still not fully aware of the world, until your fork clinks against your plate. Looking down, you realize you've finished eating.

"Huh."

You clean up and get a warm shower. You take a short one in case anyone is half-awake, because you could be reported for "excess noise". It's not like they'd kick you out or anything, but you hate being scolded by the principal.

You get dressed- grabbing a T-shirt emblazoned with "Vacuums Suck" and baggy cargo pants.
"Thank god there's no uniforms at this school..." you mutter as you brush your teeth, leaving your dorm at the early hour of 6AM. School starts at 8 and you're absolutely sure there will be at most 2 other students outside the dorms.

Not really having anywhere to go, you decide to wait around for the doors of the school to open. You know that you'd never make it to town (which you've done before- waking up at 3AM has perks) but the school grounds were mostly open. You could even go to the roof of the school if you really wanted to.

Where do you wait?

((You can choose anything a place like this is likely to have: no "firing range", but "park", "front gate", and anything else you can dream up are there. The setting is not concrete. Also, You and your girlfriend need names.

There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Synapse: Suggestion Game
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 04:45:08 pm »

Ueki Kouske(Boy), Ai Mori(Girl)

To the bike shed.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 08:13:03 pm »

Well, ok. I thought there'd be more interest.

You decide to wait next to the bike shed. It's not really a shed, with a tin roof and cinderblock walls, but it's a nice place to stay. There's a place to lock up bikes and the cinderblock is open on one side, making the entire thing look like a bus stop bench.

You sit upon the bar and, as always, see no bicycles. You wonder if anyone here seriously owns one, as the school is in a mountainous area. You burn through some time, just thinking. After a while your mind won't stop diverting to thinking about Ai, even though it's much too early for her to be up anyway. As you see things, you've come a nice distance in your relationship with her, and think about the one time she "accidentally" flashed her breasts at you. Smiling smugly, you come to a realization.

"Life isn't so bad. Sure, I can't sleep, but hell. Who can?"

You've burnt a half-hour in self contemplation, and decide to wander over to the front hall of the school as they should be opening the doors any time soon. You like your first period teacher, Mr. Aramaki, and like to hang around in his class before it starts.

You walk into his room, as normal, a good time before class. You're the first of the few who wake early- the occasional groan from outside the door is a reminder of that- and you decide to actually finish up that last bit of homework.

You don't know exactly when, but you take a breath and smell the familiar smell of peachy. Feminine hands cover your eyes, preventing you from finding the value of x, not that you cared in the first place.

"Guess who, Ueki?"
"Who else could it be, Ai?"

You hear her familiar light chuckle, as her hands leave your eyes. You turn in your desk, and see one of the few things you truly care about.

She was perched atop a desk, pushing the dress code limits with a simple tank top and slightly loose jeans. She managed to get away with such clothing due to her rather... small bust, which made most teachers cut her some slack about necklines and the like. However, as anyone who'd seen her wear something form fitting- she had amazingly feminine hips and a nice ass for such a small, thin girl.

Hey. Nothing wrong with thinking like a man when you are one. you think.

While lost in thought, Ai draped her arms around you and brought her head next to yours. The smell of peaches flooded your senses, as you gently hugged her back.

"I've got to get to my next class now. See you in Art."

You stayed dazed a little while afterwards, being brought back from peach heaven by the sound of the bell.
Mr. Aramaki, the Chemistry teacher, slowly gathered his papers together, and wrote on the board.

"All right students, I'm tired. Here's some bookwork that will take you half the period to do and four seconds for me to grade. Keep it down, ok?"

"Mr. Aramaki, what about yesterday's homework?"
"Eh, turn it in by the end of the week."

You finished up the four problems quickly, having always been somewhat good at science. You didn't really know most of the people in your class aside from your lab partner, Nikolai. He was a calm, happy-go-lucky guy that people liked to be around, and you were glad you got him as a partner. You absentmindedly doodled in your notebook, without really thinking about what you were drawing.

The sound of people shifting their things around brought you to life once more. Looking at your notebook, you saw what you normally did- trees, plants, and the like, natural scenery, but this time, something caught your eye. You drew a wheat field... Normally, innocent enough, but... You swear you could see a face in the wheat. A detailed one. Did you really do this absentmindedly?

You shook off the thought, and went through the rest of your classes uneventfully. Your last class, Art, was almost over, and you were talking with Ai.

What should you ask/say?

---
((Conversation. Everyone can make 1-3 suggestions, and you'll wind up saying the 3 most popular, then important, and finally sensible, sorted in that order. So if you had 6 different suggestions, "ask opinion on what music cows like" wouldn't make it.))
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:11 pm »

"Are you a woman?"
"How was your day?"
Something about the wheat field drawing. Ask if she sees the face.
"Zip zappety lip bip diddly boop."

Those are my suggestions.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 03:22:43 am »

How was your day?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Aerie

• Bay Watcher
  • Mae fy hofrenfad yn llawn llyswennod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2013, 03:28:39 am »

"Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?"
Play my forum game, The Darkness Below!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2013, 04:06:26 pm »

"Hey there Ai! How was your day?"
"Oh, it was fine. Had a stupidly long test in Algebra though..."
Ai puffed out her cheeks in mock anger, causing you to laugh.
"Yeah, and you?"
"Well enough. Hey...
I drew this first period, and you know about my... dreams. This field of wheat... see that? The face?"
Ai looked at it worriedly. "Y-yeah... It looks a little... distorted, but that's not just happenstance wheat..."
You didn't speak either.
"Hey... That reminds me... I think now's a better time than later, so... I was thinking."
"Huh? What is it?"
"My roommate's been doing some kinda project, but that's not the point. Point is, I'm staying with you for a while, and if you try and lock me out I'm coming in through your window."
She smiled innocently at you.
"Isn't it a little... sudden?"
"I'm not coming over for that. Like I said, it's just because my roommate is annoying, and you don't have one, so..."
"Well, I still can't say I'm not happy, but we'll have to go to town and find dinner there. Unless you want to share a cup of soup."

You start humming to yourself happily.
"Who do you think you are, Bill Cosby?"

The last bell of the day rings.
((There's going to be a lot less railroading soon, but there's something that must happen first. Right now you can do whatever you want- just so long as you go to town before the night.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »

reveil your power of turning trash to trees. Go to the floor.