Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom painting controllers?  (Read 589 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Custom painting controllers?
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:17:38 am »

Hello Bay12ers, I've been thinking about something to get my N64-loving friend for when he graduates later this year. Since he loves Legend of Zelda I was thinking about making him a custom N64 controller with a Zelda color scheme and some decals. I haven't really tried modding a controller before, although I have taken my GC controller apart to get some rattly plastic bits out.

I have no idea where I would get high-quality custom decals or what kind of paint to use. Also, is there anything I should know about the workings of an N64 controller so I don't ruin it when I take out the PCB? If anybody has suggestions I'd be willing to look at those too. Thanks in advance!
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom painting controllers?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:54:41 pm »

I know there is a company around here that custom paints headphones. What I've seen them use is airbrush: they cover sensitive parts first then they airbrush the device to give it the custom paintjob, and stuff.

So I'm guessing, if you want it to be good, use airbrush (and that fixing thing, so it doesn't come off).