Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to host a dungeon (Pen&Paper Dungeon sim thingymajigga)  (Read 602 times)

professorlamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • joereynoldsaudio
How to host a dungeon (Pen&Paper Dungeon sim thingymajigga)
« on: January 30, 2013, 08:15:27 am »

Ahoyhoy!

I just thought I'd spread the word of a Pen and Paper dungeon simulator. The reason being, it reminds me very much so of Dwarf Fortress.
You use a pen/paper and D4,6,8,10 etc... To design your dungeon and its history based on the charts given.  You start off with an A4 piece of paper and eventually, through lots of drawing and manual consultation you have a vast realm where centuries of time have passed with mage's towers, dead dwarven civilizations and golden ore deposits that are still yet to be mined.
It's not really a game so much as a 'tool' for DM's or just a new artistic outlet. Anyway, I like it!

There is a free (albeit slightly limited) version of the manual online on the website at:

http://www.planet-thirteen.com/Dungeon.aspx

If you can manage to fork out the hefty price of $5 :D then you get full PDF version including more rules/civilizations/clarifications and illustrations.

I'm still in the middle of drawing mine out but once it's done, I shall post my results up.

Apologies if someone has already posted this up before, it's just that lots of people refer to it as the Pen and paper version of Dwarf Fortress so I thought it needed your attention :D

I write music for video games!
www.joereynoldsaudio.com

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: How to host a dungeon (Pen&Paper Dungeon sim thingymajigga)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 07:15:37 am »

It has been mentioned in other threads but don't think it's had it's own.

I've ran through it a couple of times and find it pretty enjoyable. It's easily expandable too which is nice.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands