Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lowering the embark price of animals  (Read 868 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Lowering the embark price of animals
« on: November 24, 2017, 10:49:52 am »

So one of the modded creatures in a playthrough I'm planning costs 501 embark points. Is there a way to lower that? I tried to make the [PET_VALUE] tag 1, but it's still the same cost.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Lowering the embark price of animals
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:42:42 am »

It should be lowering the pet value, but you need to do it in the save's copy of the raw file folder to effect an existing world. Is that the problem?

My other guess would be that the modder might have accidentally made two pet value tags within the creature, and the lower one is overriding your changes to a higher tag.

Out of curiosity, what's the mod?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:46:57 pm »

It should be lowering the pet value, but you need to do it in the save's copy of the raw file folder to effect an existing world. Is that the problem?

My other guess would be that the modder might have accidentally made two pet value tags within the creature, and the lower one is overriding your changes to a higher tag.

Out of curiosity, what's the mod?

Soviet bear,  Komerade. Ok. Needs to be changed in the actual save. Got it! Thanks!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 12:52:40 pm »

You're welcome, tell me if it doesn't work.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!