Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Breaking the candy and what happens next in the soon to be released version  (Read 1066 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile

So I havent really kept up with the updates on the soon to be released version of df. Didnt he keep the history of the fort after you abandoned it? Doesnt this mean that if you get to the clowns arent they free to roam in adventure mode and possibly will come to a newly created fort on the same world? Also as it seems he just added attacking towns, can this mean that you might infact stumble upon clowns setting up a circus in town? Cotton candy for everyone.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile

Creating a magma pump that spews lava out on the surface and then abandoning...
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Psieye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe machinery and fluid dynamics were specifically one of the things he wouldn't be trying to keep going when you 'retire' your fort. The clowns on the other hand, he didn't mention specifically so maybe.
Military Training EXP Analysis
Congrats, Psieye. This is the first time I've seen a derailed thread get put back on the rails.

Spitfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the last Dwarf Fortress Talk was something about released clowns and abandoned forts. He discussed several possibilities, like he found the idea of a single dwarven fort dooming the whole world quite amusing.
Quote from: Rex_Nex
Wanting boobs is primal, not something sparked by the degradation of humanity.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile

It might ruin every single adventurer after though, which is quite bad gameplay wise I think.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile

I seem to recall him mentioning counterbalancing it with having the demons released at abandon kill each other till there was one left... whether that happens once, or once per season/year is anyone's guess.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It might ruin every single adventurer after though, which is quite bad gameplay wise I think.

It would be okay in my opinion if the demons set up their own fortresses, like they sometimes currently do, and you frequently ran across their minions in adventure mode, but would rarely have to go fight a demon unless you wanted to storm their fortress. That way instead of just "bandit" there would be zealots serving different demons.

Irreversibly destroying the world would also be cool though.

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I seem to recall him mentioning counterbalancing it with having the demons released at abandon kill each other till there was one left... whether that happens once, or once per season/year is anyone's guess.

Aww, I hope not- I'd much prefer being able to make the whole world a terrifying hellscape.  Given how easy it is to gen a new world, breaking one with demons doesn't seem much worse to me than losing a fortress.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile

Who knows, hell could be what was once civilization, but being too close to the earths core caused mutation and turned everyone into husks/demons. Armok sealed up the place with magma and unbreakable(breakable)slate and the tears of armok were so vile and cruel that they melted through the earth to create adamantine spires. The new world was smoothed out above after millions of years.

Think Futurama.

Basically what I'm looking for is for there to be something in hell, perhaps ruined cities of demons/past civilizations or something interesting.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:59:43 pm by SRD »
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.