Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: HopelessAbbey  (Read 2172 times)

UristTheGrey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HopelessAbbey
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »

Right, this is my two (three?) cents on the above post.

<snipped because OH ARMOK WALL OF TEXT>
> War chinchillas? OK, mildly amusing contrivances are a go.

> My current personal fort is on a 4x4 volcano embark. I have native aluminium, native silver, horn silver, native gold, tetrahedrite, and bismuthinite. I import steel weapons and armour, but I can afford to do that because I have so much silver.
Anyway, just set mineral scarcity really low. It means we get more metals, but less flux and coal. But that won't matter if we build on a volcano...

> Mechanic is a fairly quickly trained skill, so there's no point in making Cassætheru any better at his/her job. Embark points can, IMO, be better spent on items like booze. Always good to bring loads of booze.

> Quality of shields has no bearing on their effectiveness. A xlarch shieldx is just as good as an ☼adamantine shield☼. It's the Shield User skill that has all the effect.

> Sunberries? Screw that. My midgets drink plump helmet wine unless they get lucky with a caravan, and some other booze can be imported.

> If my dwarves are injured, they have a choice: Do something useful, or die. There is no middle ground.

> I've never had a fort reach 200 dwarves, because my pop limit is 120. Otherwise my FPS dies. But I agree! Novice Diagnostician for everyone!

>trying to greentext on bay12

Also, there have been way too many successions that have been slowed down bad due to terrible hospitals. Now, Im not sympathizing the dwarves or anything, just saying that if a dwarf only needed a few stitches and we leave him for dead there would be quite a few deaths we have to deal with

Either way is fun though.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2013, 07:59:20 pm »

Let's just embark already! If we're Dorfing then call me Knott, the old king's Herald (Manager, Record Keeper and/or Broker)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 03:03:50 am »

<snipped because OH ARMOK SO MUCH TEXT>

>trying to greentext on bay12
Well, no. I was unaware of that actually being a thing, so I was using the > signs as bulletpoints.

Let's just embark already! If we're Dorfing then call me Knott, the old king's Herald (Manager, Record Keeper and/or Broker)
That might make you important in my backstory, as it provides a useful contrivance.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

mainman879

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2013, 07:36:16 pm »

When i start the game, which i will probably start this week, i will only label myself, and when it is your turn you can pick anyone you want and name them in your name etc... The same for everyone else also, name them on your turn and give them a special profession on your turn, but i will not name all the dwarves in my turn.
Pages: 1 [2]