Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Five Second Night Creature  (Read 1373 times)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Five Second Night Creature
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:19:49 am »

"The WereGila Monster Onosm Ngokzukax has come! A large gila monster twisted into humanoid form. It is crazed for blood and flesh. Its eyes glow fuchsia. Its brown scales are blocky and overlapping. Now you will know why you fear the night."

five seconds and two hamster men later.

"Onosm Ngokzukax, WereGila Monster has transformed into a amphibian man!"

I was preparing to close all the gates and throw the war dogs outside in a vain hope to fight off a creature of the night while my fortress trembled in fear and slowly attempted to form a military. Then it transformed again. Guess cause days go so fast in fortress mode as opposed to adventure mode, it was only in existence for about a day. I was really surprised my fortress was anywhere near this thing, seems kinda rare.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Five Second Night Creature
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 01:02:40 am »

Yeah, werecreatures don't last long. They'll either A) turn back the moment they set foot on the map or B) attack a couple things/pick a fight with a soldier, turn back, then get massacred. It only matters when they bite a dwarf and let them live I believe.

jsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 06:33:22 pm »

I'm pretty sure if a dwarf is bit, it turns into some sort of werebeast.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 08:15:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure if a dwarf is bit, it turns into some sort of werebeast.
It turns into the same type of beast that bit it. Multiple beasts of the same type will work together while different types will fight (I.E: 5 weremoose will ignore each other but 2 weremoose and 2 werecapybaras will fight when they see each other).

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:19:52 am »

It's a beautiful, natural way for a Fort to asplode. Those naked humans don't seem so funny when your naked Dwarves start going on naked were-badger rampages.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 01:50:52 pm »

Another weird happening.

So I had seigers travel through a bridge that was opening and closing continuously, eventually I think a Rutherer (sp? goblin mount) got under it and the thing deconstructed, but it did kill like eight goblins beforehand.

Anyway, I'm doing some renovation now and I used one of the blocks from the deconstructed bridge to make a floor. Then, a couple minutes later I deconstruct the same floor. And instead of one chert block it gives me like 8 and several goblin corpses.

I think the bridge somehow quantum stored the corpses into its own matter.

is this a recorded bug?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 02:00:58 pm »

Things that are too big will destroy a bridge that tries to lower on them or raise with them on it.

When deconstructing things, there's a bug with designations (see) that causes items to "teleport" there from stockpiles apparently. I noticed it once or twice, but that was it.

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 02:26:52 pm »

Not just stockpiles.
I've used the deconstruction teleport bug to quickly and safely clean my goblin grinder.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2013, 05:39:23 pm »

I have always wanted a werebeast fort :( never deal with a permanent injury again. Changing restores all injuries, so the changed dwarf comes back brand new, even if before they had necrosis all over and permanent nerve damage.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2013, 08:03:45 pm »

Best part? Contrary to popular belief, a 100% were'd fort doesn't fall.
Worst part? Jokes about your dwarves' "Time of Month." And useful migrants getting killed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.