Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Building Under a Volcano?  (Read 1033 times)

Smithbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Building Under a Volcano?
« on: January 01, 2013, 10:27:59 am »

Hey!

Well, long story short, my fortress is based in a hot arid forest region. One day, after a lot of building underground, I returned my vision to the surface to check on my gathering Dwarves and what not and search for clues regarding a Dwarf who went missing recently, only to find a large area around my fortress covered in ash where normally there's grass and trees. Also, all the ponds in the area had completely dried up.

Have I unwittingly dug my fortress under a volcano? Or did some sort flash-fire sweep the land?

(note: i'm playing the Masterwork Mod)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Building Under a Volcano?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 10:30:55 am »

The ash and dried pools would mean that there has been fire or magma there, and your dwarf has probably burned in it too. Perhaps some creature in that mod breathes fire?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 11:48:33 am »

Under a Vulcano? no. Your fort would be magma by then. An vulcano goes all the way down from top to bottom.

Smithbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 12:31:28 pm »

The ash and dried pools would mean that there has been fire or magma there, and your dwarf has probably burned in it too. Perhaps some creature in that mod breathes fire?

Hmm, probably a creature or a fire caused by the heat then.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 12:43:10 pm »

Some creatures in Masterwork explode into fire when killed, like fey dogs iirc.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward