Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Create your own Adventure  (Read 1056 times)

cAPSLOCK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Create your own Adventure
« on: January 04, 2013, 12:39:29 pm »

I think it would be really cool to see a way to create your own adventure that you can share with others, kind of like Spore.

My initial idea was editing the arena to recreate Dante's vision of Hell and then mod in all the monsters and add in custom dialogue and interactions to recreate the story.

Of course, I wouldn't have that kind of patience, or attention span, and with Arena mode's current capabilities, that would be utterly impossible.

But I think if you expanded it more, like adding certain custom commands (e.g. when DANTE reaches A, Demon moves to B, shouts some custom dialogue) I think that would open up a lot of really cool possibilities. Possibilities which would go far beyond just recreating stories.

What do you think?
The flying -Wooden Bolt- strikes the Steel Clad Adventurer in the right foot, tearing the muscle and chipping the bone!

The Steel Clad Adventurer gives into pain.

The cAPSLOCK has become enraged!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Create your own Adventure
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

It's done in some ways already. There are some adventure worlds passed around where fortresses are build to be interesting for challenges and such. Problem is that one, DF is a game, not a game engine (making implementing scripting hard) and 2. It clashes with the design philosphy.(Which is procedural generation, rather than scripted/hardcoded stuff)