Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LOTR-similar plot within fortress mode (May become Moria Construction Project)  (Read 1533 times)

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile

I've always wanted to build Moria in DF (as I'm sure most people who play the game have), but I've always been worried that I'd botch it in some huge way.

Baccar Wozat

• Bay Watcher
  • [VAMPOW]
    • View Profile
    • My Fortresses

That Moria map is from one of the LotR Online special edition packs. I don't think it matches that of either the movies or the books. (Just finished reading the books again for the first time in years, btw.)

Add my vote to "single dungeon" construction. I suggest 8x6 if you want better distances, but you know the Lagbeast will get you.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

1: Wait for the next edition.

2: Make 4 4x4 Fortresses adyacent and comunicated to each other. (you may want to use embark everywhere to make the borders of the fortresses overlap.

3: Now that you have 4 retired fortresses, use embark everywhere to embark over all of them (8x8) and open the fun can.

4: FUN!!
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

That Moria map is from one of the LotR Online special edition packs. I don't think it matches that of either the movies or the books. (Just finished reading the books again for the first time in years, btw.)

Add my vote to "single dungeon" construction. I suggest 8x6 if you want better distances, but you know the Lagbeast will get you.

1) Due to much of that map being artistic license on the part of the illustrator, I'm probably only going to use that as a interpretation that I will be compressing.  Look at the size the illustrator made the mithril forges!  That could be compressed by alot.

2) 8x6?  My computer only has two 1.8 ghtz cores!
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 [2]