Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Melting Pot Civs  (Read 933 times)

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Melting Pot Civs
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »

I consider myself a experienced modder no ware near as good as some of the big legends like Deon but I published few rather low card mods over the years but made countless others that are just meant to improve my own game not worth posting. there are few things I dont know how to do in DF modding.
but i have a habit of cutting corners and being lazy leading to error logs a mile long and countless little problems... Only when i attempt to eviscerate the game mind you I have little issue with minor mods.
Such as a few weapons here of there maybe the odd creature if im in the mood... Iv went as far as to create like a hundred articles of clothing for each section for more adventure choices.
Most commonly I just tweak the game and try to maintain the spirit of DF.

But as i said I dont know everything and iv wanted to know for a while but is it possible to make Civs of more then one race living in it? I mean like elves dwarves and humans all living together in harmony or making it more likely for them to move to each others cities? a few years back i made a sci fi mod ware all the alian races were just casts of humans but that resulted in humans giving birth to giant exoskeleton reptiles or robots... which frankly was silly I mean you can rationalize the robot was built by the humans as they didnt have baby or child versions just came out as adults but aliens the best i could say was adoption...

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Melting Pot Civs
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 05:46:20 pm »

[BABYSNATCHER] seems to be the easiers way, if you don't want them to be playable too. Conquests also result in multi-racial civs, you'll need long worldgen for that, and probably some ethics or somesuch. Someone must have made !!science!! on it.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

Paramatter

• Bay Watcher
  • [POSITION:HERMIT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 06:18:28 pm »

Thus far A.) in fortress mode you can't really control entity members unless they're of the same creature type as the default for that civilization without using external utilities, and B.)  I don't think there's yet support for creatures of one civ willingly joining up with a different one, though I seem to recall that it's been mentioned in the analysis of some Threetoe stories/current developments/somewhere else, however I could also be mistaken.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 06:42:29 pm »

For fort mode, you can use DFusion (in DFHack)'s Friendship plugin or caste mods.

Boochdizzle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15:23 pm »

I'm noticing a lot of subterranean animal people outcasts in some of my human cities near caves... they seem to be joining without conquest or baby snatching, so what causes that?

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:19:35 pm »

I'm noticing a lot of subterranean animal people outcasts in some of my human cities near caves... they seem to be joining without conquest or baby snatching, so what causes that?
maybe just individuals who like the way the other places look?

Suds Zimmerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2012, 12:19:33 am »

I've noticed that [LIKES_SITE:etc etc] and [TOLERATES_SITE] have a pretty big impact on getting multi-racial sites. If you make all the entities whose races you want to mingle like the same sort of site, you're going to see a little co-existence at least. It caused some problems for me when members of a race with [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] decided to settle in a town. When I walked into the market they suddenly remembered that they hate everyone and descended into an orgy of violence. Of course, outside of using DFHack you're not gonna see that in Fortress Mode.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows
DORFAMUNDA - NECROMUNDA DF MOD