Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Forgotten Beasts and Bridges.  (Read 958 times)

Slackratchet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Forgotten Beasts and Bridges.
« on: December 18, 2012, 12:40:13 pm »

I just noticed something that was new to me. I tried to drop a Forgotten Beast into a pit with a retracting bridge and it didn't open. The others linked to the same lever do but not the one under the beast. Is this new?

MasterShizzle

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly in a fey mood
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Beasts and Bridges.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 01:42:58 pm »

Not especially. FB's and titans interfere with the operation of bridges, even retracting ones.
Boss is throwing a tantrum!
MasterShizzle cancels Play Dwarf Fortress: interrupted by Boss

Minecraft's fine, your computer just sucks.

nbp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »

I just noticed something that was new to me. I tried to drop a Forgotten Beast into a pit with a retracting bridge and it didn't open. The others linked to the same lever do but not the one under the beast. Is this new?

A bridge won't operate with any large enough creature on it.  This includes most, if not all, forgotten beasts, as well as things like ogres and elephants.  If you want to drop a forgotten beast, you'll need to use something else.  An artifact hatch, collapsing supports, or something like that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 02:55:57 pm »

A bridge won't operate with any large enough creature on it.  This includes most, if not all, forgotten beasts, as well as things like ogres and elephants.
This is also the reason why, if you try to crush said creatures, the bridge breaks.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 03:22:25 pm »

It also includes rutherers, which goblins like to mount in battle. I cant remember if any of the others that follow them in battle is, I bet you can find if you search for bridges in dwarf fortress wiki and then look up thier size, because its a specific size it breaks/doesnt lift on.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...