Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Blind dwarves  (Read 3982 times)

RustyTheBrave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blind dwarves
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 09:45:19 am »

I remember I had the eyes rot out of my legendary speardwarf once, and it just made him absolutely unstoppable for some reason. He held off the circus with no shield or armor by himself by standing on a pile of living and dead clowns and stabbing them back down the hole. Almost won too, until he fell asleep.

Sandrew

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 10:06:23 am »

The doctors are definitely using their sense of smell and taste to fix up patients.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Don't forget hearing.

The louder they're screaming the better you're doing.

Qinetix

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 03:55:56 pm »

Did someone ocurred a blind poseded dwarf ? ::)
Desu

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary elf skin tanner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 03:31:27 pm »

I necro, this because I want to know, what is the surest way to acquire blind dwarves. I need only blind dwarves, for some special purposes.
Szuvas Fogbank the Skinny Innocent Inn-Dinner of Spinning

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!
The lower body flies off in an arc!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2012, 03:42:31 pm »

I necro, this because I want to know, what is the surest way to acquire blind dwarves. I need only blind dwarves, for some special purposes.
The surest ways ironically come from the RNG; an FB that exudes a melting syndrome contracted upon contact, that is transmitted through vapours. This is the holy grail of eye melting; with effective application it can be used as a syndrome shower to blind Dwarves with relative control.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 04:17:07 pm »

The surest ways ironically come from the RNG; an FB that exudes a melting syndrome contracted upon contact, that is transmitted through vapours. This is the holy grail of eye melting; with effective application it can be used as a syndrome shower to blind Dwarves with relative control.

Any kind of danger room or "accident" application? I need blind dwarves fast, and I don't have the FB option.

The spinning ☼dwarf leather earring☼ strikes the Spirit of Fire in the lower body!

A new crazy succession game! Are you up to the challange? http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114041.0

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 06:02:23 pm »

Use them as siege operators. Operators who can see will run away from their targets if they get too close, but blind ones will give no fucks and continue firing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2012, 06:05:29 pm »

Any kind of danger room or "accident" application? I need blind dwarves fast, and I don't have the FB option.
Nope. Except maybe controlled magma or the more volatile unstable stonesplosion. The problem of trying to blind Dwarves with molten rock though is that it tends to completely vaporize the Dwarf.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2012, 06:35:28 pm »

It didn't show in his skills in DF and he'd made quite a lot of items before I randomly just checked the forge so any rust should have worn off. 

What's your stockpiling situation for the goods? Could all of his recent higher-quality products been hauled away, leaving only the off pieces of dross?
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 06:43:10 pm »

If you dont mind modding then reactions would work, but new reactions cant be added after the world has genned.

If your world has already been genned, mod an existing reaction to release a blinding dust when used.
Then when you are done, change it back to normal.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Zaroua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 07:53:59 pm »

To belatedly answer the OP's question: yes, I have experienced legendary craftdwarves that were blinded and became unable to produce high quality goods.

towerdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2012, 10:35:17 pm »

My primary use for blind dwarves will be to work on my floating fortres which has a long floatig road, that doesn't have side wall. Somehow all of dwarves see the zombies t the bottom of the 10z level deep ocean, so I need to build the walls. But only blind dwarves can do that.

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2012, 05:28:16 am »

My primary use for blind dwarves will be to work on my floating fortres which has a long floatig road, that doesn't have side wall. Somehow all of dwarves see the zombies t the bottom of the 10z level deep ocean, so I need to build the walls. But only blind dwarves can do that.

If you're modding anyway, why not [VIEWRANGE:9]? Or 1, if you want to go for blind.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

endoric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2012, 07:09:09 am »

blind book keeper anyone?  set him to highest accuracy and laugh.
Pages: 1 [2]