Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Name that predicament!  (Read 1101 times)

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Name that predicament!
« on: December 09, 2012, 03:30:21 am »

What is the relation between this picture

and this picture?

One of my firsts, and pretty darn easy to connect the dots. So I won't be disappointed if this dies off.

To top this easily killable post, share your own pitiful yet common stories that happen behind the scenes of your fort! Who knows? Maybe someone have had the same experience as thou, fellow Bay12ers!

Edit: Note to self: Will need to work on my cropping.
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

FrankyPlaysGames

• Bay Watcher
  • Immolated Dwarf Punches
    • View Profile
Re: Name that predicament!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 05:00:21 am »

He cleaned himself with some bad soap?
Didn't know soap could do that though.
Perhaps he licked some paralysis ichor off of himself?

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:01:12 am »

I'd guess a water source contaminated with something nasty, myself.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 12:18:17 pm »

Fell down the waterfall/canyon/whatever that thing is and broke his spine, but somehow managed to stay alive. That at least explains why his entire body (arms, legs, does the torso have any muscles?) got paralyzed.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 01:05:14 pm »

I'd guess a water source contaminated with something nasty, myself.
Happened to me once, FB came in through the well. 75% of fort died.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 03:05:11 pm »

I bet it's just wanker's cramp.

Rtyh-C

• Bay Watcher
  • Slaughtering elves in low Earth orbit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 03:13:00 pm »

Is that dust? I'm a noob and I'm using a graphics pack...

Anyway, I'd guess the poor guy got his spine crushed by a cave-in. If those grey (dithered white and black, technically) tiles are dust, then my hypothesis would explain those too.

I bet it's just wanker's cramp.

Man, I knew it!
By that logic, you shouldn't be able to play dwarves because they don't show thinking ability.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 06:12:08 pm »

Anyway, I'd guess the poor guy got his spine crushed by a cave-in. If those grey (dithered white and black, technically) tiles are dust, then my hypothesis would explain those too.
Naah, it's mist - do you see the water in the middle? Dude fell/got swept away.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Bartholomew The Pious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 08:56:10 pm »

So apparantly Adil the peasant hath no use over his hands. The paralyzation did not come from falling down: that would result in fractures, he did not get paralyzed from the proposed corrupted-well itself, but that would be interesting. He is perpetually cleaning his beard off, from the waterfall itself.

Edit: Maybe not perpetually, after seeing him go back to drinking. But the cleaning was the case, FrankyPlaysGames was the closest to cracking the visual puzzle.
I can't quote for squat, but this is very true. Credit to PTTG?? for this insightful comment.
~Haven & Hearth has always been a terrible game with great promise. That promise kind of faded away, and now it's mainly a way for a few dedicated scumbags to annoy the few new people who drift in.~

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 08:16:57 am »

He ate/drank something contaminated?
The Bay12 postcard club