Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Good Old Games  (Read 8356 times)

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Good Old Games
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 07:03:42 am »

There is definitely a sale on Interplay games.  I think it's most of the Interplay games in the catalogue. You can see the list here: https://secure.gog.com/en/promo/interplay_price_change_promo_09_11_12

Man, that list. Interplay published a lot of good games.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 15, 2012, 01:19:37 pm »

Space Colony worked for me. Pretty good too. The characters are fun. The cast includes a Norse motorcyclist, a Scottish death-row inmate, and a pair of teenage Japanese lesbian schoolgirls.

I wonder how many copies that last sentence will sell.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 15, 2012, 01:47:06 pm »

Space Colony worked for me. Pretty good too. The characters are fun. The cast includes a Norse motorcyclist, a Scottish death-row inmate, and a pair of teenage Japanese lesbian schoolgirls.

I wonder how many copies that last sentence will sell.

"Pair of college-aged Japanese lesbians" would sell well for me.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2012, 01:17:08 pm »

So, a bunch of strategy games have gone on sale for the weekend.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 02:38:12 pm »

And IL-2 Sturmovik 1946, don't forget IL-2! :P

Mongol13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The mongols are and were cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »

The pick 5 for 10 thing is an amazing deal on great games. It lasts until November 27th, check it out.

gog.com/pick_5_pay_10
If Nyquil isn't meant to be abused, then why does it come with a shot glass?

My old account on this forum is klingon13524.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2012, 03:44:57 pm »

But I already have most of those games...  :'(
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

joemoben

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »

Lots of holiday sales going on and they're giving away Duke Nukem 3d Atomic edition away free right now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:55:50 pm by joemoben »
Something about this game makes me wonder why God lets it exist.
Say, if you give birth on a ranch and then murder your baby will a corpse drop be guaranteed?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 07:09:30 pm »

When you pick up Duke Nukem, make sure to get EDuke32. (Google search will find it easily) I tried playing it without it and it's nearly impossible because of the terrible controls. EDuke makes them fully rebindable and starts with them bound to modern FPS controls, meaning it's possible to play.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 07:36:27 pm »

$3 King of Dragon Pass.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 07:38:50 pm »

So since the sale is up, anyone have any suggestions of some cRPGs? Looking for the Infinity Engine feel. Top-down, party based, tactical and possibly puesdo-realtime. I of course already have the Infinity Engine games and the NWN series. I tried ARCANUM and loved it but found the game has some balance issues and the UI was just so unpleasant. Also tried the Fallout series and although the setting and characters were decent the combat and (again) UI was pretty painful. I did love Fallout: Tactics though and I don't really see why it gets such a bad reputation.   

Not so big on the Hack and Slash aRPG genre unless it's rather story focused or has some interesting mechanics, like Depths of Peril. Dungeon Crawlers aren't exactly high my list but they're not something I'm all together against, as long as it's not the old school First Person ones.

$3 King of Dragon Pass.
Has it been hacked up to easily work on modern machines? When I tried the "full demo" before it came out on GoG it was a bit of a pain to get it to work.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 07:41:34 pm by Catastrophic lolcats »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:54 am »

$3 King of Dragon Pass.
Has it been hacked up to easily work on modern machines? When I tried the "full demo" before it came out on GoG it was a bit of a pain to get it to work.
Works flawlessly on my XP. Admittedly that's hardly a modern OS, but from what I read the original release was a pain to set up even on that.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2012, 07:33:11 am »

$3 King of Dragon Pass.
Works flawlessly on my XP. Admittedly that's hardly a modern OS, but from what I read the original release was a pain to set up even on that.

I've played it quite a bit on Win 7 :)

Also just got the Bullfrog Favourites for $12. Pretty sweet if you are missing them, or your CD is already a pain to get working, etc. That's DK1/2, Theme Hospital, Syndicate, Populous 1-3 (and expansions) and MAGIC CARPET!!!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2012, 08:53:31 am »

Noticed on rockpapershotgun, GoG is releasing Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition for free :
http://www.gog.com/news/holiday_gift_duke_nukem_3d_pcmac

The offer is not forever, apparently it's only free up to 14 december.
(note : the offer is limited, if you get the game it will remain free on your harddrive even after that date)

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2012, 10:21:00 am »

It'll also remain in your games library, if we're looking at their previous giveaways.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]