Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fort Mode Made Items  (Read 983 times)

Fort Mode Made Items
« on: December 09, 2012, 05:33:55 pm »

Items I make in fortress mode will be Dwarven sized, right? So if I made an adamatine suit for an adventurer, he'd have to be a dwarf?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Mode Made Items
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

Yes, or an elf or (with modding) a goblin. You can't make human sized armor.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 07:23:35 pm »

Yes, or an elf or (with modding) a goblin. You can't make human sized armor.

I thought so, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks :)

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 01:31:59 pm »

Elf and dwarf equipment is NOT the same size, so only dwarves will be able to wear dwarf equipment.  Elf equipement will show up as "narrow" (and unwearable) if you're a dwarven adventurer.  I've not played as an elf (wooden armor? screw that!) enough to know what the game says if you find dwarven equipment as an elf, but I am 95% sure you can't wear it. 

If you want to make a fort that produces human (or elven) sized armor, then you will need to add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the appropriate civilization, then gen a new world and make a fort using humans, elves, etc...

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »

Elf and dwarf equipment is NOT the same size, so only dwarves will be able to wear dwarf equipment.  Elf equipement will show up as "narrow" (and unwearable) if you're a dwarven adventurer.  I've not played as an elf (wooden armor? screw that!) enough to know what the game says if you find dwarven equipment as an elf, but I am 95% sure you can't wear it. 

If you want to make a fort that produces human (or elven) sized armor, then you will need to add [CIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the appropriate civilization, then gen a new world and make a fort using humans, elves, etc...

That doesn't happen anymore. Elf and dwarf equipment has been the same size for like 2 years now.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)