Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: You have a time machine.  (Read 5148 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: You have a time machine.
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2012, 11:47:27 am »

-Some moment in my own past/future
-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
Then I can play cards with me , I and myself.
The problem with this is that the farthest forward one of you would already know what the other two's hand's looked like.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2012, 11:55:31 am »

-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
The problem with this is that the farthest forward one of you would already know what the other two's hand's looked like.
Which would then influence his actions, which would influence the actions of the 3 earlier copies, resulting in a completely different game.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2012, 11:57:13 am »

-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
Which would then influence his actions, which would influence the actions of the 3 earlier copies, resulting in a completely different game.
If I were the pastmost me in this situation I would just kill the other two. Flawless Victory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »

-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
If I were the pastmost me in this situation I would just kill the other two. Flawless Victory.
....okay, note to self: Don't invite MSH over for poker night.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2012, 12:08:36 pm »

Hmm. If this worked with adjacent realities, we all know a few boastful people we'd like to dump in an actual zombie apocalypse, say. Or in a raptor nesting ground.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2012, 01:00:47 pm »

-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
I prefer Blackjack anyway.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2012, 01:08:11 pm »

-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
Oh no you don't. You're just looking for a way to get me to say "Hit Me".

*punch*

....well played, sir. Well played.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

-5 seconds later
-5 seconds later
Oh no you don't. You're just looking for a way to get me to say "Hit Me".

*punch*

....well played, sir. Well played.
"Rule 47: No edged weapons during a game of chess."

For me:
1) Some point in the future far enough to give me immortality.
2) Pre-revolution France, to then live through the wonderful time that was 1789 - 1914. (And then to f&%$ things up in the world wars, like giving the allies advanced computer knowledge, preventing Stalin from taking over, getting the British to attack when Hitler annexes the Sudetenland, either being general of the German army that marched to Paris in 1914 leading Germany to a swift victory over France or getting the British tanks as soon as trench warfare kicke in, etc.)
3) 300 B.C. in ancient Greece, chatting up all the philosophers and getting them on track for developing modern physics, later on making contact between Rome and China, keep Rome from splitting and Caesar from being assassinated, have the Phoenicians discover America and give the natives technological advancements to establish lasting Native American control, forging some medium-sized African empires to prevent colonialization there, and (that was a great idea, btw) introducing the printing press in ancient Greece.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]