Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The phones, need some impressions.  (Read 914 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
The phones, need some impressions.
« on: December 08, 2012, 03:44:55 am »

I recently noticed that my subscription is about to run out, which makes it the perfect oppurtunity to get some new hardware like the good consumerist I am. I am a bit tired of the iPhone so I am thinking about branching out and trying something else.

From some reviews I've come to like the Samsung Note II and was wondering if anyone here have one and can give me some actual user input on it:
Rough battery life from normal use.
How tough is the glass (I hate having to use protective film since I feel it reduces the sensitivity of the screen, for example I bought the 3GS on release and have never used a film on it yet I have not a single scratch on the screen).
Does it actually fit in a normal jeans pocket, now that it's winter it's easy to carry around a large phone but at summer...
If you have any more big pros or cons, please feel free to mention them as well :)

I was also a bit interested in trying a windows phone like the Lumia 920 but I don't know how expansive third party software is for it at the moment, so if someone has a windows phone I wouldn't mind some input on that.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
Re: The phones, need some impressions.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:44:03 pm »

You might want to try Life Advice.