Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Roll To Bard: Turn Four: De-Genericized!  (Read 7460 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Bard: Turn Three: Scared Straight
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2012, 11:05:16 pm »

((Natural 6?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2012, 11:32:26 pm »

((yeah it makes sense he wouldnt want us critting constantly from modifiers, i just hope he doesnt apply it to critical failures

Edit: nevermind he does :/))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:46:56 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2012, 12:36:21 am »

"Maybe fighting while totally wasted was not the best idea."

"It's definitely the bestest idea!"

Get a drink. Also, poke my more creative possibly-friends for some healing.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 10:44:02 am by Harry Baldman »

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2012, 09:03:01 am »

((uhh... Why did you roll for a crti against morda when the guard got a 6-1, shouldnt that have only been a major success?))
Whenever the die rolls a 6, it's a Crit.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2012, 09:35:58 am »

ah thanks for the confirmation.

Well GWG it seems you were correct and as such i shall reward your logic with an item of your choice if we can find a shop.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2012, 03:20:30 pm »

"Oy, muscles! Call off the living flame and gather around! Who wants to become professional historians? I'M TALKING TO YOU LOT! Geez, what's a mage got to do to get someone to pay attention?"

Cast a major image which creates an illusion of a roaring, fire-breathing dragon to get more people to pay attention to my idea. Besides, I'm falling behind on XP, I don't want to be the weakest because I don't do anything that requires rolls.

[Brains: 5+0] The image is called! A roaring dragon springs from your hands and flies around the room, breathing fake fire. The entire inn is paying attention to you now; better make a good speech, or you'll have wasted these nice people's time.

Hope looted the downed guard. Because someone has to.

The guard had a shortsword and a (now-dented) helmet, [Luck: 2] and a small pouch with 10 silver pieces.

Acceus put both his swords away and smiled, taking out his saxophone. It was time for some musical healing, and he was the man for it.

"Hold still and I'll start this merry tune of healing, miss. Or at least I hope it'll work, I am deeply sorry if it doesn't." he says, preparing his instrument for a small session of smooth (healing) jazz to cure Morda's wounds.

He also turns to the screaming female gnome with a smile. "We are listening to you, miss. If you wanted to get your plan across, just tell us, there is no charm in having a fit."

Cast Cure Moderate Wounds on Morda, but keep an eye on the shouting person.

If the major image is summoned, shrug and leave the tavern. Not in the mood for hissy fits.

[Brains: 1+1] [Crit Fail?: 1] Your spell... Does not go right. Instead of the positive energy of healing, you seem to have called up some negative energy. [Morda's Bulk: 3+1] The dwarf is, luckily, tough enough to take your attempt at healing without any major damage.

When that annoying gnome casts her spell, you roll your eyes and walk outside. The fancy carriage seems to have left, but the wagon, now empty, is still there with horses hitched to it. The remaining guards are in the process of opening the inn gate, so they can get their wagon out.

bind the guard then find a nice private corner and count my ill gotten gains.

((i wanted to loot the guard but you beat me to it :P

also how does armor work? Is it damage reduction based on material and quality or is it just a cosmetic thing?))

You grab some rope from an unspecified place, and tie the guard up so that he doesn't try to escape when he returns to his senses. Then you move out of the way, as the illusory dragon flies past, and rummage through the coinpurse you grabbed. Counted out, it looks like 70 gold pieces, 20 silver, and a handful of copper.

Belphegor will seize the opportunity, and order the Elemental to kill the terrified guards!

The elemental dashes out the door, and you follow. It charges past Acceus, and at one of the guards. [E's Bounciness: 4+1] [G's Bounciness: 3-1] The elemental surprises a guard, and strikes at him with a firey fist, dealing [2] damage! The guard's friend responds, slashing at the elemental with his sword, [G's Bounciness: 6-1] [Crit?: 6] hitting it in the weak point for [6x2] damage! The elemental has been struck down! Generic Guard 2 gains one level! He is now a named character, "Kahvenn Russa"! Kahvenn, amazed at his newfound uniqueness, moves menacingly towards Acceus and Belphegor.

"Maybe fighting while totally wasted was not the best idea."

"It's definitely the bestest idea!"

Get a drink. Also, poke my more creative possibly-friends for some healing.

After their last attempt to heal you, you're not sure you want to risk it. You go up to the bartender, who appears to be distracted by the bloody dragon flapping around the bar, and nab a bottle of unspecified alcohol.

Belphegor: HP 10/10. Courtyard
Malkil: HP 10/10. Main room (corner)
Hope: HP 10/10. Main room
Gimblewit: HP 10/10. Main room
Acceus: HP 15/15. Courtyard
Morda: HP 20/25. Main room

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Bard: Turn Four: De-Genericized!
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2012, 03:28:34 pm »

"Aw, crap, everyone's trying to kill me! Screw you guys, I'm going somewhere else!"

After stroking my beard thoughtfully for a second and taking a swig from the bottle, go outside. Once I notice the named guard, bash him with the cello. Bash him deader than the zither jig! If I can't do that, bash the rest of the guards deader than the mandore solo.

"Gasp! One of these people actually has a name! THEY MUST DIE IN THE NAME OF ALL THE MOOKS WE'RE GOING TO KILL! Can't have anyone feeling guilty over killing lots of people, you know."
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 09:03:04 am by Harry Baldman »

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2012, 03:35:30 pm »

malkil refills the coinpurse and pockets it then ask a patron for directions to the market before running outside to assist the others.

move to assist belphegor and once outside draw my dirk and attack a guard, preferably from the side. If a party member is injured cast cure light wounds.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To Bard: Turn Two: CRITICAL HIT!
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2012, 04:12:17 pm »

"It was not my intention, I am truly sorry." Acceus said to Morda.

The bard's mood was still good, though. Even if he hadn't exactly done well, he needed to keep his rhythm going; if he was the first one to get down, then his smooth jazz would be lost. And he knew exactly what to do. Maybe.

He took out his sax and smiled brightly. "Mister, there should be no need for combat, but if you see fit..."

Cast haste on self and whip out the scimitars.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2012, 04:23:50 pm »

After Acceus' shocking apology, Morda can't help but wipe the tears from her beard.

"Don't worry, handsome! All is forgiven!"

She takes a swig from the bottle.

"And soon to be forgotten, too!"

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2012, 05:35:55 pm »

Cast Summon Instrument and bash that bastard over the head with it! Er, Bastard as in, the Named Guard.

NPC'S CAN'T LEVEL UP.

NO.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2012, 10:53:32 pm »

Hope puts on the helmet, then moves to intercept Kahvenn and cut him off at the legs. More or less literally.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2012, 04:58:55 pm »

Well GWG it seems you were correct and as such i shall reward your logic with an item of your choice if we can find a shop.
I'll be sure to cash in on this.

-----

"Thank you for listening. Finally. As you know if you were paying attention a few moments ago, "creative merriment" has been banned. As many of us are entertainers and many others enjoy entertainment, this will adversely affect us all. However, I have a solution..." (pause for a moment) "Dramatic interpretation of various historical and other events.
"Think about it. It's not creative, we didn't come up with any of the events--they're history or, at most, folklore. They're not merriment--much of what I'm thinking of is quite tragic. And it falls under the clause of being for informative purposes. It's still completely legal.
"Anyone interested in joining my group of historians, let me know. Everyone else, I hope you come to one of the reenactments. To all: Good evening, and thank you for your time."

Give the above speech. Recruit PCs and other entertainers present.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]