Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Music to play by  (Read 603 times)

Len B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Music to play by
« on: January 27, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »

I was playing Adventure Mode with Nancy Sinatra singing "Boots were made for walkin" on my player...

Perfection!

Any other suggestions for good Dwarf Fortress music?

Len, "The Staplerlord", Mighty Evil Master of the Office Supplies.<BR>Len has been grumpy lately. He slept in a meager bedroom recently.<BR>Len likes bicycles, ninjas, the color clear, and succubi for their suckulence.<BR>  When possible, he prefers to consume souls of the marginally damnned just before the last spark of hope expires deep within.

Fenrir

Re: Music to play by
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 04:59:00 pm »

Ummm... Should this be in the suggestions forum?

Len B

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 05:28:00 pm »

You're right.  Lets move this to the modding forum.  The suggestions forum was wrong of me..  :p

Ok, in light of the previous reply.  How about a general sound/music codec so we can customize our DF audio experience?  Drag and drop mp3 files into the DF/music or DF/sound directory and edit an .ini file to point to the files played, with settings to specify looping, or for different civs

Len, "The Staplerlord", Mighty Evil Master of the Office Supplies.<BR>Len has been grumpy lately. He slept in a meager bedroom recently.<BR>Len likes bicycles, ninjas, the color clear, and succubi for their suckulence.<BR>  When possible, he prefers to consume souls of the marginally damnned just before the last spark of hope expires deep within.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 05:30:00 pm »

That'd be pretty spiffy.   Maybe during the Presentations Arc?  I dunno.

I think Toady needs to plan up a Music and Sounds arc.

MindSnap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

As long as there is more toady guitar! I wouldn't mind hearing a dragon's roar as it came to my fort, or the chitter of giant cave spiders as they truss up your adventurer.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:59:00 pm »

Yea, dispite what I remember toady saying sometime before(said something about missed notes and stuff) I can actually stand to have the music in the background. I only load up winamp in adventure mode.

Ive heard music from commercial games with full sound teams just start to grate on my nerves after a time, while the DF music fits in well.

It doesn't try to be so complicated that it takes your attention away from what you're doing either, thats also seems a good thing with a song your hearing for hours at a time.

[ January 27, 2008: Message edited by: Greiger ]

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neskiairti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Trust me, dont look.
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:20:00 pm »

good piece of music.. yeah.. but it just gets too repetative.. need more variety.. atleast 50 pieces considering how long the game lasts :P and maybe a few special pieces.. ramped up if dwarves are fighting.. or something..
The New Moo!

Alpha Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 09:02:53 am »

I suggest being able to play music in adventure mode. I'd love to at least have the classic DF guitar tune in Dwarf mode for adventure as well. Just why hasn't that been implemented from the start? Is there a limitation to adventure mode?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 04:04:36 pm »

Probably?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.