Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fort Full of Heroes  (Read 2537 times)

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Fort Full of Heroes
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2012, 02:26:38 pm »

Seems like an obvious oversight to have left out leather from the materials list eh?
Bone and shell are materials that either aren't or weren't on the list either, but you could get around that by setting the colour of the uniform. Just as I was drafting that in my head it occured to me that you might be able to do the same for leather -- its base colour as listed in the material template is brown, and so is wood's, but the only specific type of wood that doesn't have its own non-brown colour is highwood. As far as I know all leather displays as brown regardless of the colour of the animal it came from, so it seems likely that no creature entry alters the leather material's base colour. And even if all wood were brown, you could get around that by making sure all the best shields were leather. Pretty easy, given wood's universally low material value.

Woo, leather shields for everyone! (Possibly.)

Edit: yup, swapping the wooden shields in the civilian uniform for brown shields results in them all claiming leather shields. Excellent, that's one fewer military production skill needed for a full range of options.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:54:25 pm by Sutremaine »
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Re: Fort Full of Heroes
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 06:09:19 pm »

What if you don't even bother with half of the industries?

I already skip half the industries. If it doesn't help the fort other than economics, it's no good to me.

I only use food (by far the biggest thing), carpentry, masonry, metalsmithing and clothier shops. I eventually build 1 of everything, just to minimize insanity from Strange Moods.

So far, everything is great. The few sieges I've had have been quickly thwarted because every single dwarf is running around in full iron armor with iron short swords (or iron crossbows with iron bolts) and train any time they have no job. As soon as a k or g are even spotted, they are pretty much dead.

I am waiting for something bigger and badder to come along to see how they fare before ripping a hole in the Circus tent.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:12:03 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »
Pages: 1 2 [3]