Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Red Rogue anyone?  (Read 5265 times)

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
Re: Red Rogue anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 12:34:55 am »

Use the konami code!

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 05:23:09 pm »

Those non-shrine red marks on the wall? Messages from the Rogue. He'll give you advice. On other news, the RNG turned me into a drow and I can see into forever. This is the best thing that's happened to me.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 05:46:05 pm »

Wait. The rogue is your skeleton minion... How can he be leaving messages? And who does he mean when he says 'He's waiting, in Chaos' in the engravings? And who is 'He' in 'He Comes'?

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 07:33:57 pm »

"He comes" usually has some sort of invulnerable shadow attack you for a short while, though it doesn't turn up or doesn't get to you before his timer runs out a lot of the time.

I'm guessing Rogue left those messages on his way down, and Red summoned/necro'd his skeletal corpse from the Overworld, then decided to head down into the dungeons herself...

Also, I had one message which read "I can be alive again, but it's... complicated."

Oooooooh.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 09:23:08 pm »

I've got this super-convenient portal to the underworld. If I go in, there's the typical river scene, with what I'm fairly sure is death. I've managed to knock out / stun him, but throwing a rune of identify at him did nothing. After a while attacking him just teleports you away. Anyone done anything with him?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 06:48:32 am »

no but later on in the game it gets a lot safer to camp in the underworld then it is to camp in the dungeon.  I always find that a bit amusing... head to the afterlife to get a good nights rest.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 [2]