Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adding new tileset, not working...  (Read 1344 times)

higgypig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adding new tileset, not working...
« on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:43 am »

As the title says, I cannot for the life of me, get a tileset to work, NOT a graphic set, those seem to work as I use the Lazy Newb Pack. But the LNP has no easy way to install a simple tileset and when it does it gets errors like "Cannot find "tilesetname.PNG"" and its pretty frustrating. Anyone know the problem?

CLA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adding new tileset, not working...
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 09:23:11 am »

assuming you had a graphic pack installed before, make sure you have the correct (default) raws again. I don't use the LNP but I think if you set the graphics to "vanilla" or whatever it's called, it should do that for you. Though the easiest to make sure everything's correct would be to just download DF anew.
Anyway, copy the tileset you want to use into data/art and open data/init/init.txt with a text editor (I suggest notepad++).
change these lines to use your tileset:

[FONT:<yourtilesetfilename>]
[FULLFONT:<yourtilesetfilename>]
[GRAPHICS_FONT:<yourtilesetfilename>]
[GRAPHICS_FULLFONT:<yourtilesetfilename>]

I think with creature graphics disabled, you only need to change the first two (one for windowed, one for fullscreen), but I'm not sure on this. And it doesn't hurt to change them all.

That should be all!

PS: if you want to import a save that used a graphic pack with a tileset that changed the raws, you need to change the raws back to default WITHIN the save folder, too.
CLA - an ASCII-like Graphic Pack with simplified letter-like creature graphics. The simple and clean looks of ASCII with distinct creature graphics - best of both worlds!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=105376.0

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adding new tileset, not working...
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 09:26:34 am »

The relevant lines in your init file need to look as below, copied and pasted from my own. No folder names or anything, only the name of the tileset in question.

[FONT:taffer.png]
[FULLFONT:taffer.png]

Make sure that your tileset image is saved, as named above, into the data/art folder. Aside from that, I can speculate that perhaps, due to the odd Windows habit of hiding filename extensions, you might be putting in the wrong image format -- eg, tilesetname.png instead of tilesetname.bmp.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:30:01 am by Taffer »