Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Crazy Chinese man looks to DF for love  (Read 2874 times)

Trollheiming

• Bay Watcher
  • I do. I really do.
    • View Profile
Re: Crazy Chinese man looks to DF for love
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 05:59:34 am »

Mountains have a holy significance in China due to taoism. Mountains are a common pilgrimage destination, and I've climbed Huashan, Taishan, and Huangshan among others. They all have a lot of stairs, so it is very easy to reach the summits. Carving stairs into mountains is not unusual, but rarely the feat of one man for one woman. This story hit me hard.

感动啊!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 06:40:02 am »

I didn't know that people like that still exist. It's 21. century. Talking on the internet with webcams wasn't enough for them? You could sent each other virtual roses and stuff over Facebook. Geez, these old guys they don't know what romance is. It sucks... but it's spectacular to watch strange people like that.

^ I really hope this was a joke. For your sake ^^

Umm, they moved up that mountain about 60 years ago. You seem to be aware of how long they were up there. How long do you believe webcams have existed for? ^^

Marrying an older woman, and a widow at that, was illegal in China back then. He was 19, she was 29. That wasn't accepted like it is today (even in the west 60 years ago). It was either run away, or get massive social stigmatization.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 06:48:54 am by Reelya »

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 07:57:16 am »

I didn't know that people like that still exist. It's 21. century. Talking on the internet with webcams wasn't enough for them? You could sent each other virtual roses and stuff over Facebook. Geez, these old guys they don't know what romance is. It sucks... but it's spectacular to watch strange people like that.

^ I really hope this was a joke. For your sake ^^

Umm, they moved up that mountain about 60 years ago. You seem to be aware of how long they were up there. How long do you believe webcams have existed for? ^^

Marrying an older woman, and a widow at that, was illegal in China back then. He was 19, she was 29. That wasn't accepted like it is today (even in the west 60 years ago). It was either run away, or get massive social stigmatization.
Of course that wasn't a joke!

I don't care if it was years ago. Definition of "love" was just too gushy-mushy. I can't believe that guy worked his ass off for a chick while he could just Google for some love poetry and e-mail that shit to her. That's what we guys do now and it seems to be working. I know a guy who did that back in high school. He posted something even he didn't understand to some girl who he thought was hot, and then he turned to me and said "Aw yeah, she's totally gonna fall for that." then she did "like" his photos or something and then my friend described how he was going to "hit that" in some weird body language (I'd rather not describe it). THAT'S WHAT I CALL LOVE

Oh wait, I missed that 60-years-ago part... Or maybe I didn't. Or maybe I was just joking since we don't hear stories like these nowadays because we all got stupid things like Facebook and webcams awesome technology now. I can't really remember.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:21:48 am by Leatra »
Pages: 1 [2]