Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Defined Equipment In Creature Raws and other things  (Read 1611 times)

ThurisLord

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:REFUSE_TO_EAT_CHOCOLATE:SHUN]
    • View Profile
Defined Equipment In Creature Raws and other things
« on: November 09, 2012, 05:38:02 am »

I think there should be an option to have creatures spawn with specified equipment, such as being able to have minotaurs always spawn with a masterwork silver hammer. I also think there should be a tag to have a specified creature spawn instead of a corpse when the creature dies. Living creature blood (ex:bleeding live badgers) would be Fun.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON] ...

dancing kobold

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Defined Equipment In Creature Raws and other things
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 06:21:18 am »

more modable stuff is always good i guess. not really a priority thought.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:12:54 pm »

I think there should be an option to have creatures spawn with specified equipment, such as being able to have minotaurs always spawn with a masterwork silver hammer.
Agreed. Ideally with options for percentage chances and/or picking the material from a local material with certain properties--say, a wood growing in the area.

I also think there should be a tag to have a specified creature spawn instead of a corpse when the creature dies.
Already there.

Living creature blood (ex:bleeding live badgers) would be Fun.
Unless it's blood men or something, kinda nonsensical...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rakushun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2012, 10:07:08 pm »

You guys are posting in a knutor thread.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 02:31:55 am »

I also think there should be a tag to have a specified creature spawn instead of a corpse when the creature dies.
Already there
What? No.

You guys are posting in a knutor thread.

Huh?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 06:32:04 pm by Putnam »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 06:21:09 pm »

Misread, thought he said "item."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kazymir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 03:01:32 am »

Living creature blood (ex:bleeding live badgers) would be Fun.
There's a precedent in mythology. Several creatures, such as Gorgons, were reported to bleed live poisonous snakes.
We must not look at Goblin Men
We must not buy their fruits
Who knows upon what soil they've fed
Their hungry, thirsty roots?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 07:47:57 am »

How does that even work? Are gorgons' blood vessels huge or are the snakes really tiny? Do the snakes have scales made of hemoglobin? Have you figured out that I overthink this kind of stuff?
Sig

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 10:54:34 am »

I think that the blood transformed into snakes on contact with air. The question is, how does it split into little snakes?

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2012, 11:29:32 am »

Maybe the biggedr snakes had the same kind of unexplainium in their blood that creates snakes, and they just had less, creating their own smaller and smaller snakes... It might make some sense in mythological context: cursed monsters spawn cursed monsters.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 12:29:58 pm »

I think that the blood transformed into snakes on contact with air.
Wow, that would suck. The snakes would probably need to be pretty small, though, or else the blood vessels would burst near the cut and let more blood come in contact with air, and so on. Gorgons aren't so scary if a little cut makes them explode into snakes.
Sig

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 03:31:58 pm »

Wow, that would suck. The snakes would probably need to be pretty small, though, or else the blood vessels would burst near the cut and let more blood come in contact with air, and so on. Gorgons aren't so scary if a little cut makes them explode into snakes.
Actually, that would be terrifying.

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2012, 04:34:48 pm »

or maybe the gorgons are just full of snakes

CrzyMonkeyNinja

• Bay Watcher
  • He strikes from above...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 11:30:25 pm »

Ooh, that would be cool. If we had snake-blood, a stone-stare and a pegasus coming out of the corpse, we could have a gorgon true to the origional myth. Well, we would need the decapitated head to turn things to stone as well, but I think there might be workarounds for that already.

Going back to the origional point, I would really like my balrogs to spawn with whips soon. (Maybe this can already be done, and I just don't know.)

Also, about the snakes in blood vessles, don't ask logical questions about mythology  :P . Trust me, I've tried. It doesn't work. Here's one: how can a nymph cry so much that she turns into a puddle of her own tears? Or how can the Stymphalian Birds fly with bronze feathers, and why can they shoot them at high enough speeds to kill people? And will someone please tell me where Zeus got his handy-dandy floating uterus? He bears Atheana in his head, and Dionysus in his leg. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!
“I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend” - J.R.R. Tolkien

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 05:44:48 pm »

Actually, that would be terrifying.
Not for long. Especially compared to them turning people to stone with a glance.

or maybe the gorgons are just full of snakes
How? Again, there's not enough room.

Also, about the snakes in blood vessles, don't ask logical questions about mythology  :P . Trust me, I've tried. It doesn't work. Here's one: how can a nymph cry so much that she turns into a puddle of her own tears? Or how can the Stymphalian Birds fly with bronze feathers, and why can they shoot them at high enough speeds to kill people? And will someone please tell me where Zeus got his handy-dandy floating uterus? He bears Atheana in his head, and Dionysus in his leg. IT MAKES NO SENSE!!
I'm fine with myths having some unrealistic elements, but once they exist I want either them to react realistically or to have a good reason why they don't.
Sig