Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash on Embark 34.11, personal modification  (Read 727 times)

Lucelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
Crash on Embark 34.11, personal modification
« on: November 26, 2012, 12:40:39 am »

So, not sure to put this here or the bug section, since it is a modded DF.

My game crashes immediately when I press E to embark in Fortress mode. Tried with multiple worlds, multiple races, so it has to be my RAWs. Any clue at all as to what could cause a problem like this in the first place? There's just way too much stuff for me to make little tweaks and keep trying over and over. Anyone else encountered a problem like this with modding before? Thanks. Here are some entity raws, but I have no clue if that's the problem or not.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Lucelle Weapons and Armour adds in tons of historical weapons and armour from a variety of different cultures

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Crash on Embark 34.11, personal modification
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 03:36:55 pm »

Here's the only problems that I can see immediately:
1)You have [AMMO:ITEM_AMMO_CARTRIDGE] in there like 20 times. You only need it once, regardless of how many different weapons can fire that time of ammunition. The placement in the vanilla raws is simply for ease of understanding which ammo goes with which weapon.
2)You have [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_cDv] when it should probably be [WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_CDV]. The names the game uses should be all caps.

Other then that I can see anything off the top of my head, but you have so much custom content in here it's hard to know what the problem is. Is your errorlog.txt saying anything on world gen?
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.