Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bridge type and status indication  (Read 1011 times)

aleron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bridge type and status indication
« on: November 24, 2012, 09:58:12 pm »

I think it'd be helpful if when looking at a bridge you got an indication of 1) whether the bridge is a raising or retracting bridge, and 2) whether the bridge is down/out or raised/retracted.
She absolutely detests purring maggots.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge type and status indication
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 10:06:19 pm »

#2 is usually obvious, but it's still a good idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:23:02 am »

Not in one tile wide rising bridge in vanilla. I always get a bit confused with those and tend to end up either making it one tile bigger than I want it so I can see or hooking up a hatch as indicator.

For op, yes, please yes. I'm not sure which screen it should be in, the q-key statue? It'd also help double-check which direction they're working in for rising bridges.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 07:29:56 am »

You can check it in a roundabout way. Try to build a farm plot over the bridge. If it says blocked, the bride is raised. If it doesn't,
it is lowered.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 07:44:17 am »

Not in one tile wide rising bridge in vanilla. I always get a bit confused with those and tend to end up either making it one tile bigger than I want it so I can see or hooking up a hatch as indicator.

For op, yes, please yes. I'm not sure which screen it should be in, the q-key statue? It'd also help double-check which direction they're working in for rising bridges.
q makes the most sense--it's where you see everything else about busilding statuses.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 03:17:43 pm »

I approve of this idea in its entirety. Simple, makes sense, and is necessary.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand