Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding in more people for my Dwarves to get killed/kill, how do you do it?  (Read 977 times)

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

As the topic name states, I want a little more !!FUN!!, I have a surface volcano and I want to have roast goblins sitting outside my fort.

So how do you make it so they attack more? I have a fortress wealth over 250 million urst and they still don't come to play ever. There are currently 5 active gobb civs each wityh about 7500 ea and my civ is at war with them all.

I was wondering how i could get them to be more aggressive?

I have played masterwork and I like how much you get attacked it relives the tedium of building a fort for me. i don't care much for 90% of masterwork's stuff though so you can't disable it all.

So the real question is how do I get Masterwork type attacks on my dwarves in a somewhat vanilla setting?

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This won't work for an existing world, but it will help you when making new worlds. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to increase aggression in your situation. Still, this might be worth something to you for the future.

The absolute most basic way, that is just vanilla-but-more is to add another goblin entity.
Go into raw/objects/entity_default and find the entry for the goblins. It starts with [ENTITY:EVIL]. Copy the entire thing and paste it at the end of the file, but rename it to EVIL2 (or any other name that amuses you).
Presto, any world generated like this will have two goblin entities attacking you, and thus there'll be twice as many goblins. Or three times, or four times... Try not to go too crazy though, because things can get rather bogged down if there are too many.

There are also plenty of mods out there that just add a new race to attack you, including Fortress Defense, which Masterwork makes use of for some of its enemy civs. Check the stickied Communities Mods and utilities list for some ideas of interesting mods.

zeziba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, I really like to build my forts up but once I hit about 60 people i tend to build too quickly and as such I end up with 200 shortly after hitting 60 people. Having 200 dwarfs just wrecks any siege i get because i like to have 1/2-2/3 of them on full time military so whenever I get attacked they just absolutely destroy them.

I could do less but I like the combat portion of DF alot!

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile

If they don't attack often enough, try to raise your exported value by traded lots of expensive goods to caravans.
Or, download the Fortress Defense mod which adds a bunch of civs.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?