Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Your first vampire?  (Read 4873 times)

chevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your first vampire?
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 04:31:32 am »

My first vampire was my queen. It was my first and only time when I became a mountainhome. I prepared a fully golden rooms with golden walls, floors and celing furnished with masterwork gold furniture and a artifact bed. And when she came I locked her in her rooms.

Shoep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 06:34:23 am »

My first vampire was on my first working fort.. He killed about 5 of my dwarves before i found out who it was.. After that i locked him into a 3*3 room and locked the door behind him.. A migrant wave after i got a second vampire. While i was trying to lock him in a door on the opposite room, i accidentally unlocked the door the first (now starving) vampire was locked in, and he ran off to drain more blood.. I abandoned the fortress shortly after.. I haven't had a vampire since...

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 07:27:30 am »

After getting the generic "Urist is missing" message I paused the game. Found the corpse on the bedroom level. 10 minutes of detective work later I found him.
" ... The High Council has found you guilty! Since no physical punishment could ever make up for the suffering you have brought upon the mountain homes, you will not be sentenced for hammering. And your death will not bring back the lives you have taken during your unnaturally long life. No! Death would only free you from the course that has fallen upon you!
Instead, we will give you an eternity to make up for all the wrong doings you brought upon your brothers and sisters!
For you will be locked in a 2 x 2 cell with only a chair and a table. No bed, no food, NO BOOZE!
And you will stay locked inside that cell until you have counted everything! Every block of rock, every bag of sand, every metal bar and every piece of thread in the fort!
Once everything is precisely written down, you will be set free."
The Vampire: HA! You worthless mortals! I will play your stupid GAME! For I accept your challenge! A couple of years from now I will walk out of this hole as a free dorf!
And so he walked in to his prison. There he stayed for years. He worked hard, updating the records, slowly getting better. But whenever he thought that the end is near, something happened.
Then he discovered, that for as long as the fort lives, the stockpiles need to be updated.
Like Sisyphus, the vampire was trapped in a never ending loop. For whenever he started the updated, it was already out of date, for all of eternity, till the FPS lag, slowly, freezes him in place...
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

Tenth Speed Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 02:06:33 pm »

She was a badass. Legendary weaponsmith and master brewer.

Had to let her go after, amid dozens of useless immigrants, she consistently targeted other legendaries and rare skill-havers.
Quote from: Pickled Tink
I don't believe in a standing army. I believe in cruel and unusual architecture.

hiroshi42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 04:36:43 pm »

My first vampire was my king in one of the few attempts I've made at becoming Mountainhome.  Unfortunately he kinda crashed the game since over the 1000 years of his reign he had killed some 10,000 people.  The game apparently did not like having 10,000 dwarf-crafts on one person.
'Your' jetpack was last seen attached to a nuclear powered science tank on Mars.
It's faster to write "!!science!!" than any of the synonyms: "mad science", "dwarvern science", or "crimes against the laws of god and man".

Raikaria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 08:36:39 am »

I had one show up in my fort with bout 90 dorfs.

Never found out who it was, none of them showed the signs.

wolfrend

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 06:49:56 pm »

Mine was the leader of my civ.  I didn't know until someone made an engraving in his honor.  At first I thought that was cool, but I really just want a migrant vampire for !FUN!

Shaolin ToFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 07:15:26 pm »

My first vampire was a suspect right away, arriving as a master architect. But I figured I'd give him a chance to make himself useful in my fort until I was absolutely sure. Then the message came: Urist McVictim has been found dead, drained of blood!

I found the corpse, in the middle of the dining room.. With 6 witnesses to confirm my suspicion.

The architect took his beating like a dwarf, crawled to the hospital and died to an infection half a year later.
Never again have I had such a blatant vampire. Or maybe I've just gotten better at keeping the bedroom count high enough..
You have struck microcline!

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 01:04:50 pm »

I discovered mine right before a tantrum spiral.  I tried to build an atom smasher with my last few survivors, but eventually no one was in the mood for any construction :(.
Pages: 1 2 [3]