Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: About the forum  (Read 381 times)

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
About the forum
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:26:08 pm »

I don't really know if this is the right place for this question, but the suggestions part of the forum seemed the most appropriate.

So anyways, what's with the forum's weird blue home page - most of the other pages have a nice black design to them, for example this one, but why does the homepage lack a decent theme? Instead it's this basic blue layout that's really unappealing. I suppose most people have gotten used to it, but as a newcomer (not to Bay 12's games, but the forum), it's kind of an eyesore.

So my suggestion is: make it better, more visually appealing, so it all matches up.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: About the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 03:36:11 pm »

You can make the rest of the forum look the same as the upper boards by going to look and layout on your profile and changing to "Darkling".

Sigulbard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 08:36:47 am »

I should have known this has some ridiculously obvious/easy fix...

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 09:12:30 am »

I think it depends on when you started using this forum as to what your (original, and continuing until you change it) default theme is.

I can't remember if I've actually tried to change it, but I like the fact that (for me) the upper (DF-aimed) boards come out as (presumably) Darkling, while the lower (more general) boards come out in the blue-shades one.  It denlineates things and (generally!) means I know whether I should be replying in-context to DF or not...

And then sometimes I assume that if I put in black text or white text or something in-between, it'll look like it does on my screen.  Which it doesn't always do.

(For the record, it appears that I've most closely matched my background colour with the 'e' in "something".  Which I could easily confirm by looking into the page source, and/or the .CSSes being referred to in there, but while I'm not too lazy to hand-code the colour-triplet hashes, I don't feel the need to follow-up on this. ;))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 09:36:01 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 10:15:43 am »

Yep, I was basing that on the Preview look.  But it has a darker background on alternate post items, and that's what it fell on once actually posted.  (Although in the reverse-order list of prior messages, it's back on the slightly lighter grey, for me right now.  Should you reply, without any other in-between, I'm betting it'd be back on the darker again.)

But that's not important.  And I'm too lazy to add the Spoiler, also. ;)