Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Access to HFS and The Sword of !!Spoils!!  (Read 926 times)

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Access to HFS and The Sword of !!Spoils!!
« on: November 26, 2012, 08:20:54 am »

I was told that I can reach the underground through Lairs. So I dont have to play Dorf Mode to get the !!Spoils!!.

How do I do this Urist?

Thanks in advance,
:) Snake_Eyes

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Access to HFS and The Sword of !!Spoils!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 09:40:13 am »

Find a cavern entrance (generally occupied by a megabeast), work your way down to the bottom layer, and hope you get lucky.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2012, 10:51:46 am »

the only surefire way is to dig where you want to go in fortress mode first.  you could retire then play a fort and unretire your. adventurer.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »

Best way is to make a fortress with a way down (Bonus:make it somewhat protected and leave some tools for the trip) and go adventuring.
Or you can get lucky in a lair/cave and get to hell which is unlikely.

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 01:36:10 pm »

Oh well that is mixed news, I had been so hopeful to find a path to the HFS as an Adventure.

I set min/max Cave Size to be 500 to generate the largest sized caves, I have quite a few since it is a medium large world. I do not want to increase the amount of Megabeast Caves to more than 15 times the standard amount, as I am not 100% about how many is a good number and I am happy to generate more worlds as long as I am making some progress or understanding the game better.

I barely am able to grasp the fundamentals of Fortress, and have no idea how to have a sustainable agriculture or designate dorfs to defend themselves against kea and kobolds. I have zero idea of how to make this tunnel.

So what I understand is, I get 7 dorfs with 7 picks they dig both up and down staircases (and a special tile for the entrance) for like a hundred Z-levels until they reach a cavern roof, and then dig a stairway for my Adventure to take the spoils and join the circus below? In the mean time the 7 dorfs try not to die of thirst or wild raven attacks?

Is there a macro or something like that I can use to do this?

I would generate another world and grind and Adventure kitting them up with the full suit of armour and some decent weapons training. Only that I need to get the Staircase to Fun completed first or the Adventure will die from old age, correct?

I made a thread in the Suggestion Board for a race of Termite-men that built Z-level high towers and extended the nests down to subterranean as a possible way to embark on the rouge-like aspect without having to make a dorfen tunnel in Fortress first. They could be modeled on termite nests, as they have a working air current that descends deep within the earth.

Thank you to everyone for your prompt replies, when I learn how to export screenshot (I can only save them as a drawing) I will post some of the worlds I have been generating and a story thread or something. As I have noticed that all the Lets Play Adventure Slave to Armok had overlooked some things that I noticed within the first few days of playing, like starting placement, attribute optimization over initial strengths. No one really explained properly how to grind and train on the videos either. I get Fighting 20,000 from a single crab and Throwing 9,000 from a purse of 300 copper coins and using the macros, neither is very hard and only takes a few minutes to get basically any combat skill up to Legendary 3,000.

I do not know how many Adventures have perished, and usually in the most insane of circumstances. But would guess over 200 easy in the last fortnight.

More blood for the Blood God,
:V Snake_Eyes

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 02:50:11 pm »

It took me about eight hours after entering the caverns from a surface cave to find a demonic fortress. Theoretically, if you just keep wandering you are guaranteed to find one eventually.

Snake_Eyes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 03:27:21 pm »

Urist McWillsauce this I can do!

Now to find what a cavern is...
:V Snake_Eyes