Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Molten chocolate! Actually, modding help.  (Read 1265 times)

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Molten chocolate! Actually, modding help.
« on: November 09, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

Actually, that works.  Mmm, death by molten chocolate...

Anyway, I want to add butter next.  Is there a way to do this?  That milk must go with bread!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 12:17:45 am by janglur »

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Molten chocolate!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 12:05:29 am »

Misleading title. Should say "Molten chocolate" Not, "Help!".
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
Re: Molten chocolate! Actually, modding help.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 12:17:58 am »

Remedied, hopefully to satisfaction?

Klitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 10:24:54 am »

Remedied, hopefully to satisfaction?

Yep  :P
So the question is you want to add butter in? Or you want to make it so that (Bread) can only be eaten with (Milk)? Wait. Are you making a food mod?
"A giant cave bat, a giant cave swallow, and a troll wander into my fort's cagetraps..."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 05:09:13 pm »

Butter should be easy. Make it a CHEESE item (ironic, eh?) that can be made at a custom building with milk, and give milk a MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT for the butter.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 11:12:35 am »

I'm not entirely sure how to do that.  I've always had a lot of trouble with custom reactions and workshops.  x.x

And somewhat, yes.  It is a food mod, and much more.  I have a custom race, a couple custom creatures, new equipment and gear, partial new language, and am now adding a metric buttload of new foods and farmables, such as chocolate, coffee, and various spicy peppers!

So far i've added:
Pomegranate
Cotton
Flax
Pineapples
Bell Peppers
Chili Peppers
Ghost Peppers
Black Pepper
Cocoa/Chocolate/Cocoa Powder
Coffee
Mole Root
Eke Root
Romaine and Iceberg Lettuce
Cabbage
Asparagus
Okra
Rhubarb
Tomatos
Potatos
Rice
Peas
Green Beans
Ginger
White, Green, and Black tea
Kudzu
Slime Mold
Corn
Spinach
Carrots
and Eggplants

It also adds new minerals, rebalances them a tad, a couple new alloys, and a new method of building armor (llamelar) out of multiple materials (metal, leather, and ceramics or wood)

My to-do list includes Rutabegas, Pumpkins, Watermelons, Canteloupes, Squash, Jicama, Grapes, Soybeans, Peanuts, Sugar Beets, Sugar Cane, Mustard, Mint, and Cucumbers
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 11:16:26 am by janglur »

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2012, 06:23:46 pm »

Your mod sounds delicious.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2012, 06:29:22 pm »

Your mod sounds delicious.
I was hooked at pomegranate.
Best fruit is best fruit.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:41 am »

Well, if you wanna help me alpha-test (PLEASE I AM NOT GOOD AT FINDING PROBLEMS) then grab it at:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3857

It comes pre-packaged with DFHack and all the other accoutrements you'll need, since i'm not entirely sure what all i've changed now... Kinda lost track in my long haitus.  So just unpack and play!  (If you crash or experience wierdness in graphics, check the .ini)

I WANT TO HEAR YOUR STORIES!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 05:33:19 am »

Very well, I will tell you the tale of the gourmet restaurant at the edge of the world and of the great Food Wars tomorrow/in a few days.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2012, 02:35:58 pm »

Thanks, Replica.  ^.^

Any bugs, problems, oversights, typos, or WTF!?s, just let me know, and i'll fix them (if they're not features!).  It's getting to be a big enough mod that it's hard for me to spot problems before they're noticed in-game, and a few have slipped by my very nose!  (Took me a bit to realize that I typo'd one of the adjectives of chocolate as choocolate, for example).

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2012, 08:34:12 pm »

So I haven't really had much time to play your mod and I'm afraid that I wont be able to do serious a thorough serious testing of it, but from what I have done and seen so far everything looks clean and neat and I haven't come across any bugs or issues, the errorlog is empty so it doesn't look like there are any serious problems going on with reactions and creatures.
I didn't keep a very good track on what I did, so I sadly don't really have any nice stories to share about it.

The molefolk play pretty much like dwarves, all standard strategies and plans apply.
Built a neat little bunker restaurant and began trading lavish meals with chicken eggs as the base ingredient early on and it worked out well, imported food, used the extra plants and food to create more varied meals and trade flourished.
With the wealth I made I forgoed any kind of weapon industry in favor of importing weapons, armor and trap components which using a bit of smart trap design, basic ranged militia and a safe neutral biome at the end of the world made defending just as easy as always.
I did bring a few scythes with me on embark, don't really know what type of weapon the scythe is (I assumed two handed) so I just gave my early champions those and no shields and they did a good job dispatching wildlife and an early ambush with them.

Maybe the one thing I found a bit wonky was how moleroots grew in spring, and only in spring, but that wasn't really a problem as I had plenty of other plants and foodstuffs to use in it's place.

Don't have anything to say about the rest, never bothered with glazing or glassmaking, never went to the caverns, only did one fort and didn't care much for the language, paid no real attention to what wildlife I killed and didn't really do anything other than cooking throughout the four or so hours I played, so uh sorry about that.

janglur

• Bay Watcher
  • +Blood Soup+
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 08:02:50 am »

Hey it's okay, everyone plays different, so it still gives me useful feedback.  =3  Did you like the new foods?
And yes, moleroots are supposed to be awkward and slow-growing Mogun specialties.  Mogun Booze is reputed to be able to strip the scales off a dragon, it's so strong.  (It's also blamed as the reason the year 54 has no event logs in Mogun history to explain how Urb Gramor ended up married to a minotaur.)

If there's anything you should do, it's find and consume Ghost Peppers.  Hilarity!