Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Whyyyyy does my new civ crash the game?  (Read 1002 times)

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
Whyyyyy does my new civ crash the game?
« on: November 18, 2012, 02:28:38 am »

Spoiler: entity_big_custom.txt (click to show/hide)

Popped these two files into the raws, genned a new world. Went to play adventure mode as a Giant Outsider. game crashes every time I try and load it up.

DAFUQ AM I DOING WRONG?
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Whyyyyy does my new civ crash the game?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 02:34:32 am »

Check your errorlog. Here's a couple things you should see:

[PRONE_TO_RAGE] should be PRONE_TO_RAGE:x. The number is required.
   [GRASSTRAMPLE_45] should be [GRASSTRAMPLE:45]. The underscore makes it a token.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 02:41:38 am »

Bah. Syntax errors are the WORST in a format where you can't actually get reliable feedback on where you fucked up. Cause I definitely didn't get anything, like, at all, in the error log. Including an error log.

EDIT: While I'm here. Any way to give certain civs access to different mounts and/or domesticated animals than others? For example, suppose I wanted the dwarves to be able to ride Rhinos, but keep them away from those filthy filthy elves. I scoured the wiki but found no pertinent information.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 02:46:30 am by laularukyrumo »
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 03:07:12 am »

Bah. Syntax errors are the WORST in a format where you can't actually get reliable feedback on where you fucked up. Cause I definitely didn't get anything, like, at all, in the error log. Including an error log.

It's errorlog.txt in the same folder as your dwarf fortress executable. There is most certainly one.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2012, 10:13:46 am »

EDIT: While I'm here. Any way to give certain civs access to different mounts and/or domesticated animals than others? For example, suppose I wanted the dwarves to be able to ride Rhinos, but keep them away from those filthy filthy elves. I scoured the wiki but found no pertinent information.
Right now there are only 5 options for what creatures a civilization has access to.
1)Normal animals only (no special tags so all civs have access to these if they can use animals)
2)All normal animals in their area [USE_ANY_PET_RACE]
3)Good animals [USE_GOOD_ANIMALS]
4)Evil animals [USE_EVIL_ANIMALS]
5)Cave animals [USE_CAVE_ANIMALS]

As such the only way to have one civilization have access to an animal and not others is to ensure that the animals fits into one of those categories and then ensure that the civ you want to have it has the desired token but the others don't. So if you made a rhino a good animal and then made it so only your civilization has the good animals token then they would be the only ones to use rhinos.

So in short: Yes, it's possible but extremely difficult, very work-around-y, and can only be done a few times before you run out of tokens to do it with, as well as being able to break immersion by confining rhinos underground and elephants to good areas for example.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 06:56:25 pm »

Well that's terrible and toady should fix that :< I'm sure it's not a difficult feature to add.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 01:41:43 am »

Well that's terrible and toady should fix that :< I'm sure it's not a difficult feature to add.

And I assure you, you won't be the only one jumping all over it when it happens.