Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Did they ever do a Russian version of "Typing of the Dead"?  (Read 1089 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Did they ever do a Russian version of "Typing of the Dead"?
« on: January 13, 2013, 04:58:37 pm »

Hello, I'm trying to improve my touch typing skills in Russian and I'm looking to buy Typing of the Dead either for the PC or dreamcast (although this will bring me some difficulty considering I would probably have to buy another console, mine's PAL). I thought maybe I'd try to combine the two plans and improve my touch typing skills in Russian while killing zombies. My question is: did they ever do a Russian-language version of the game either on the PC or dreamcast that can be purchased reasonably today (as in not for £60)?

Many thanks,

Owlbread
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:01:14 pm by Owlbread »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Did they ever do a Russian version of "Typing of the Dead"?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:06:40 am »

Holy cow, I forgot about this game. As far as I know, it is only available in Japanese and English.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 06:57:12 am »

Holy cow, I forgot about this game. As far as I know, it is only available in Japanese and English.

Thank you. Although it is a pity they do not seem to have done any other language versions, I'll still play it anyway.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:09:40 pm »

I'm willing to bet there are similar games in Russian out there. Maybe not with zombies though :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2013, 04:15:52 pm »

Ok, I've decided to actually go out and get an NTSC dreamcast for about 30 pounds (with accessories) so I can play Typing of the Dead, along with a keyboard and so forth. It will be a worthwhile purchase because I'll hopefully be able to get games released only in the USA and Japan. However, it seems like there's a lot of stuff that I need to know that I'm just not familiar with; stuff like PAL/NTSC converters, making sure the dreamcast doesn't set fire to the house because the voltage is too high and so forth. Could anyone take me through the possible steps I can take if I go down this route? If I can get this sorted in my head, the added bonus is that I may be able to apply this knowledge to future foreign console acquisitions.

Can I even use PAL controllers with NTSC dreamcasts? So, for instance, do I have to buy an NTSC keyboard if I want to do this, or can I just use a European one? If I have to get two separate keyboards this will cause problems for when I acquire rogue spear, which will hopefully be PAL.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 04:22:21 pm by Owlbread »