Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom Civ request  (Read 350 times)

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Custom Civ request
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:37:40 am »

So I was thinking about making a tree house much like the one in Adventure time where Finn and Jake live, the plan went smoothly and I got my human adventurer Finn to the tree house but I forgot about Jake the talking shape shifting dog, so here's my request.
Can anyone make a Dog civ that can talk, live in towns and have the power to shape shift and be good not Evil, and make it Adventurer playable? please that would be very helpful.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Civ request
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 01:38:50 pm »

In general the forum doesn't take requests*, but we will be happy to redirect you to what you need to see in order to learn how to put it together yourself as well as helping you with any problems you encounter. :)

Basically what you will need to do is this:
0)A basic modding guide is found here.
1)Copy the dog creature. Add the token [INTELLIGENT] to it somewhere and save it as a different creature name.
2)Copy the human civilization and change [CREATURE:HUMAN] to [CREATURE:your new dog's name here]
3)For more information about modding the creature or entity you should check out this page and this one respectively.
4)Transformation is a little limited right now in that you can only have one transformation active at a time. I'm no master at interactions, but you probably want to take a look at the werewolf example interaction in the raws, as well as this page on the wiki and this thread for some good examples.

*Mods sometimes take a fair amount of time to put together, and for things that are more complex the only way to get something true to what you want is to make it yourself really. Plus the majority of people here have their own mods to manage, so modding things they don't already feel like doing often doesn't happen.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lt_Alfred

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Civ request
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 02:07:56 pm »

Thanks, I'll try to do it my self then.