Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Scary Wagon  (Read 925 times)

goblolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Scary Wagon
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:50:53 am »

I got this idea from The Real Wagon thread.

. Turn off flying creatures by some mean (editing raws mb?).
 . Disable evil rain/cloud
 . Bring tons of food and booze.
 . Bring a lot of rabbits/cats/other small cheap animals
 . Bring one pick.
 . Bring 2 wood.
 . Embark in terrifying.

After embarking you should channel 5x5 frame around your wagon. While miner is busy, other 6 dwarves should pen lots of animals out of this frame. Then burrow everyone but miner in 3x3 wagon area and remove ramps. Drop 1 wood to miner and let him build up stairs, one of other 6 dwarves should buid down stairs. The last step is to burrow miner to wagon area and remove up stairs.
Domestic animals will soon be killed by zombos and reanimated.
Now all your dwarves are locked in 3x3 zone inside the starting wagon. No beds to sleep on, chairs to sit on, or work to keep them occupied. They will be caught in the rain, the snow and with all that food around them will probably be crawling with vermin. The only thing that will keep them sane is each other.
And lots of fun outdoors!
I wonder, what will happen next? Will they die of thirst because of 'drink' jobs cancellations? Or maybe one of them wil be scared to death, go berserk and kill others?
I'm gonna try this on this weekend!
The first small thing that made me feel awesome was my indoor waterfall. A few minutes later though, it started flooding my fort so I felt less awesome.

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Scary Wagon
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 10:49:58 am »

Just when you think you've seen the worst of what humanity has to offer...

The bay12 forums go and pleasantly surprise you!  I love these forums :P
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
Re: The Scary Wagon
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 10:52:51 am »

Should be interesting. And I remember that thread, I feels old now :D

They'll probably thrist to death at that rate, I'd be surprised if they managed to do alright and not go insane or dead for want of peace of drinking.