Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodies  (Read 525 times)

Dwarf_AintGotNoD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • NODStudios
Bodies
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:24 pm »

Theres Goblin bodies in my fort,In an inside area.
I put a Dump/Garbage zone with I inside my fort,Then Set the Goblins bodies to Dump and Forbid,Nothing happened,I took it off forbid,Still nothing,and just took it off everything and left it alone and sitll nothing,Does the Zone have to be outside or something?
Or what am i doing wrong!?!?!?!
 :-\
-Urist Army!

SharkForce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bodies
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:10:13 pm »

out of curiosity, have you looked through your refuse orders? might be something screwy there...

Drazinononda

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm really too normal to play this game so much.`
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:26 am »

Take off the dump designation, exit the menus and unpause for a second, then reapply Dump. Also, make sure all the (o) - (r) "Dwarves gather refuse from outside" is turned on.

Forbid designations prevent dwarves from doing anything with the forbidden item (unless they are already handling it, which may or may not be a bug).
Children you rescue shouldn't behave like rabid beasts.  I guess your regular companions shouldn't act like rabid beasts either.
I think that's a little more impossible than I'm likely to have time for.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 02:36:13 am »

Also for future questions you might want to consider using the DF Gameplay Questions Board, where most new player questions are handled.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 04:34:48 am »

Take off the dump designation, exit the menus and unpause for a second, then reapply Dump. Also, make sure all the (o) - (r) "Dwarves gather refuse from outside" is turned on.

Forbid designations prevent dwarves from doing anything with the forbidden item (unless they are already handling it, which may or may not be a bug).

It's more they're already in middle of job, so change of designation isn't noticed until next time they checks, which can be a few dozen steps!

As for the op, don't forbid and check the zone to see if it's active, it's easy to accidentally inactivate it with simple hit of a key.