Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Friction?  (Read 1993 times)

djsmiley2k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Milk Me
Re: Friction?
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58:32 am »

Add magma after the "victims" :) :D
This is Dwarf Fortress, everything has a fetish for socks.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Friction?
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 07:06:00 pm »

Test 1:
Dropped an engraver down the pit. He free-fell about 25 stories before colliding with the wall. Basically, a bunch of crap was broken, arms, legs, hands, hips, etc, but he didn't die. I notice it somehow ejected his blood out of his body and it was raining invisible blood in the tiles surrounding him. He landed, but did not die, nor did he seem to sustain any (significant) injury from the impact since he only had 3-5 stories left to fall after hitting the wall. He died of his wounds after a few days.

Test 2:
Managed to get a Dorf, the Dorf's babby, and a cat into the mix. Two stories down, the Dorf hit her head on the side, jamming the skull through the brain, instantly killing her. I definitely noticed that the body's rate of descent slowed for a few extra frames as I advanced forward one step at a time. The baby landed after free-fall, the head, and left limbs all exploding from the corpse in many directions. The cat followed suit. The cat's head even cleared the wall I set up, seperating my drop from the rest of the caverns! It appears that the Dorf that died mid-fall also gibbed somewhat, but it's getting hard to tell pieces apart now.

I would post pics but imgur is being lame.

I fucking love this game.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.
Pages: 1 [2]