Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goblins chilling out in magma  (Read 403 times)

irrationalmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Goblins chilling out in magma
« on: November 11, 2012, 07:32:44 pm »

I recently made a magma defense on my volcano using corridors and obsidian floodgates. It is well constructed and spills out fiery death on anything that touches it. However, I am running into a problem... I deployed my lava during a siege and several goblins were caught up in the flow (after massacring 2 dwarves and a war dog). The corpses are burning. Their equipment is burning. The goblins are standing in magma, not moving, and are perfectly ok. They aren't on !!fire!! or anything and neither is their equipment. What am I doing wrong? Why aren't they fried crispy?

kingubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblins chilling out in magma
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 08:42:33 pm »

Er.... I'm guessing [TEMPERATURE:NO] in d_init.txt

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 03:25:32 am »

If they manage to survive their fat being melted off, the heat don't seems to affect creatures properly. Check to see if they're wearing silk stuff, those don't seems to burn easy. Or if they're lucky and standing where there're not much magma :D

Temperature's on if everything are burning and on smoke.

irrationalmoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 02:06:37 pm »

The level of magma was 1/7. No grass where they were standing (bare obsidian) but smoke from the burning cage traps and corpses. I guess I don't have enough of a magma reservoir. I will have to remedy that.