Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Should ToadyOne accept Wow Gold for donations?  (Read 4280 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Should ToadyOne accept Wow Gold for donations?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2012, 12:25:52 pm »

Wow.
Blizzard isn't doing so bad.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

Wow.
Blizzard isn't doing so bad.

Yeah...You would think they would be playing with toys struggling to make a good living all day but really they are probably richer than Bill Gates resisting quite well to the little children very mature fanbase they have to suffer the pain of existing satisfy and thank for years of agony their business and their 10 meter safe full of money and whores success.

But anyway...Blizzard is probably the most known team of moneywhores company out there!You got to detest congratulate them for that!

Metruption

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2012, 02:27:16 pm »

You people make me feel bad for playing Starcraft II.

TheZoomZoll

• Bay Watcher
  • Total Scumbag
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2012, 02:54:40 pm »

Aww c'mon
I kidd Blizz,they're fine....only if you don't look in their eyes filled with $ dollar signs

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2012, 04:13:54 pm »

Blizzard is a corporation. A corporation's only purpose is to make money. Anything else risks lawsuits from shareholders. It's a fact of life.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Seraphim342

• Bay Watcher
  • Magma Cum Laude
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2012, 05:56:59 pm »

Blizzard makes some great games.  Starcraft and SC2 are some of my favorite games of all time.  D2 wasn't bad either.  If D3 and WoW are, to me, vomit-worthy piles of highly-profitable garbage, I don't really care.  They're a business whose purpose is to make money, and if they aren't making money then we'll never see the protoss and zerg campaigns for SC2.  If they run the Starcraft franchise into the ground like they seem to be doing with Diablo, that's their problem.  Tragic, but whatever. 

As far as RTS games though, I'm still bitter to this day about EA buying and gutting Westwood and using their special kind of midas touch to turn all their franchises to shit out of ignorance.  Like the saying goes, a sufficiently advanced ignorance is indistinguishable from malice.  So I'm not totally zen when it comes to this stuff =p
I like to think that on the other side of the world a human is walking on the beach, notices the water level suddenly drop twenty feet, and whispers "fucking dwarves."

"The cows seem to lose bowel control when launched... I consider this a feature."

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »

Aww c'mon
I kidd Blizz,they're fine....only if you don't look in their eyes filled with $ dollar signs
My wooden badge was delicious.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2012, 08:51:48 pm »

PTW.

And this is very true:
Blizzard is a corporation. A corporation's only purpose is to make money. Anything else risks lawsuits from shareholders. It's a fact of life.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 2 [3]