Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any good roguelikes for the iPhone?  (Read 6230 times)

Lee72

• Bay Watcher
  • ranting at the world
    • View Profile
Any good roguelikes for the iPhone?
« on: October 26, 2012, 04:26:17 pm »

I know of rogue touch & inethack.
Do you know any others?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Any good roguelikes for the iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 04:29:14 pm »

Legends of Yore. It's a simple Roguelike but it's fun.

loose nut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 04:59:11 pm »

100 Rogues is good!

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:59:44 pm »

Cavern, Zaga33, Mysterious Castle, POWDER (although I don't like how it controls on iOS,) and Cardinal Quest.

There's also an app you can use to play Crawl Stone Soup over telnet called Rogueterm.

Awessum Possum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 09:33:36 am »

iNethack is a mighty fine Nethack port.
because everyone here is OCD and ADHD, and then complain when their dwarfs act similarly in game.
@I used to be an axelord like you, until I took a (+bronze bolt+) to the upper leg, chipping the bone through the *copper leggings*!@

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:26:47 am »

Unfortunately, I can't stand phone roguelikes, because the controls are so bad. With a keyboard, you have dozens of buttons (esp if you include the shift keys and all). With touchphones, you basically have a cursor, and that cursor is so fat it covers a quarter of the width of the screen. I'd like to see a phone roguelike, where the controls aren't agonizing.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Jorlen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2012, 12:17:23 pm »

I have almost all of the roguelikes on IOS (and android) and the one I keep going back to, on IOS, is called Endless Depths.  It's not overly complicated, so it's perfect for the touchscreen.  And it gets pretty difficult.  You also have a decent skill tree and some OK random loot.  Check it out, I think it's 1$ but there might even be a light version.

Cardinal Quest is also very good.  I also recommend Sword of Fargoal and 100 rogues.

Solomon's Keep, while not traditionally a roguelike, has a lot of the elements of the genre and is more actiony, but an excellent game nonetheless.