Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode = Supernatural  (Read 1091 times)

OtaconPliskin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode = Supernatural
« on: November 26, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »

Me and the wife have been watching through the whole series of Supernatural, so I got to thinking. Adventure mode is JUST like supernatural. Lol. Monster is terrorizing town, find monster, kill monster, move to next town. You don't really have a home, you just continue to wander the world in search of the next big bad; helping people and killing monsters. (That is, if you're not one of the monsters :P IE: Vampire, Werewolf, Necromancer, and/or a serial killer...but if that's the case, if you start an adventurer you could potentially be sent on a mission to kill your old character)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode = Supernatural
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 06:17:29 pm »

I used to watch Supernatural, and yeah... Adv mode really is a lot like that. I never thought about it, though. Pretty neat.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 03:07:49 pm »

Yeah, the random weaknesses seem like something that should be added. For instance, a historical relic that acts as an anchor for a ghost that must be destroyed or used to exorcise it.

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:39 pm »

Isn't Toady intending to add that stuff? Seems like something that would/should be added with the haunts/stalker night creatures. Been a long time since I heard about that stuff though.