Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Site finder like character creation for adventure mode  (Read 410 times)

JHeesy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Site finder like character creation for adventure mode
« on: November 08, 2012, 06:26:53 pm »

i've been having a bit of a think on how to make your adventurer that you create more apart of the world, i think the answer is to have an option to find an already existing human or dwarf or whatever with specific traits and whatnot similar to how you find a site in fortress mode.  Perhaps you could specify the persons skills their strengths and weaknesses or search for a specific name if you wanted to play as something from legends mode, and when you do find one with the appropriate skills you can then look at their history, so that you know where that particular person fits in the world.

I'm not sure if this solution has been put forward before, i couldn't find anything as far as planned features or suggestions, atleast the search function didn't show up anything.

tl;dr: Have a Site finder for adventure mode that finds potential adventurers instead of sites.

darknessofthenight

• Bay Watcher
  • cannibalism is complicated
    • View Profile
Re: Site finder like character creation for adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 09:38:41 pm »

use a comma in the title, it looks like you are talking about changing the site finder not adventure mode.
also in df talk 6 toady said "Another way to do that would be to just say 'I want to play an existing person in the world' and you just go down the legends list and pick someone." when describing adventure mode, so this is planned.