Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unite the Stock list and Trade list Color Schemes  (Read 517 times)

knutor

• Bay Watcher
  • ..to hear the lamentation of the elves!
    • View Profile
Unite the Stock list and Trade list Color Schemes
« on: November 10, 2012, 07:13:42 pm »

Hello.  I'm a bit confused as to why the Trade list gets the extra coloring, yet the stock list doesn't.  It would be nice to have items not bolstering fortress wealth to be another color in the stock list.  It would also be nice to have the items just sold to trader be a seperate unique color, from those already there.  Or in another tab.  Maybe provide a TM line.. Made in China, on each item, where each China would be the unique Civ identifier found in Worldgen for that race/civ/site combo.  *shrug*  Would add much needed complexity and intrigue.  While also these changes adding detail and economy simplifications.  Sincerely, Knutor
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.
Shark Dentistry, looking in the Raws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Unite the Stock list and Trade list Color Schemes
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:44:31 pm »

Sounds acceptable.

I wonder if one civ could gain a big manufacturing lead over another...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:17:05 am »

Like a GDP, gross domestic product for ea unique race/civ/site?  That'd be cool.  A consumer confidence index.  Ha!  Even if its only a overall wealth metric per race/civ/site generated, that would be a great gauge for tweaking competitor progression during game testing.
Raise glass.
"I don't often drink Mead, but when I do... I prefer Dee Eef's.  -The most interesting Dwarf in the World.  Stay thirsty, my friend.

Silverionmox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:43:22 pm »

Like a GDP, gross domestic product for ea unique race/civ/site?  That'd be cool.  A consumer confidence index.  Ha!  Even if its only a overall wealth metric per race/civ/site generated, that would be a great gauge for tweaking competitor progression during game testing.
Raise glass.
There's a problem though: using absolute, fixed values for an item can't account for eg. overproduction of toys, while using market prices (if available) can't account for long-term planning. Aggregating it into one big number is too inaccurate, let's just compare productivity per item category.
Dwarf Fortress cured my savescumming.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 09:00:01 pm »

Pricing based on supply and demand is planned.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 09:22:59 pm »

Press (TAB) in the stocks screen.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

knutor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »

@Trif, True.  Tab does add color scheme.  However, after I have sold my (items), that list in traders window doesn't really divide my (junk) from his (junk), for the sake of telling which (junk) he brought, and which (junk) I just traded him.  Way I have been avoiding this is doing HUGE lumpsum trades, to avoid having to go back in and do many small trades.  The problem this generates is, not everything is in the DEPOT when I choose to trade, or when my broker chooses to trade.  So I am left whether I want to or not, doing many small trades.  Sometimes, I end up buying back the junk I traded earlier, because there is no color or identifier to view.  *shrug*  I guess this is where my biggest gripe is.

@GreatWyrmGold, @Silverionmox, Cool! Glad to know its planned.  That is true, but lets not forget this famous Magic card.  Swords to Plow Shears.  Isn't that the theme of the Russian flag..  Sickle and Hammer?  Those toy kazoos maybe traded or smelted for hammers.  I'm for knowing it, even if there is a risk of inaccuracy, for the sake of comparative progression rates, and long term goal setting.  The latter I have a really hard time establishing in my fortresses.  I hate that boredom is my endgame.  Be so much cooler to have an internal high score table, to keep against myself and the AI.